San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Over $1 billion has been invested in Hinge Health, enabling the creation of one of the largest clinical, data science, and R&D teams in all of digital health. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
We’re looking for an ambitious and energetic individual to support our revenue cycle function. This person will be instrumental in: ensuring that we are billing accurately and reimbursed in a timely fashion from clients, payers and health plans. This person will report on the financial health of our business by investigating data trends and manipulating data as needed. They will work cross-functionally to implement policies and procedures that not only improve reimbursement but also improve the user experience, and assist our revenue cycle team scale.
We are looking for someone with at least 1 year of professional experience, preferably in the consulting, startup, or healthcare fields, who is interested in understanding the mechanics of healthcare reimbursement and financial reporting. We are looking for an individual who is willing to roll up their sleeves and own the day-to-day revenue cycle management responsibilities, enjoys working cross-functionally, and who is also comfortable reporting on the financial stability of our business to our leadership team. We are looking for someone who can wear multiple hats, is a self-starter, and is passionate about improving the financial health of the HH revenue cycle and business as a whole.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Support the growth of general claim and invoice billing practices from pre-submission to post-submission, including ensuring all claims and invoice clients are charged accurately.
- Ensure new clients are set-up for claim submission and HH is able to receive remittances electronically.
- Communicate cross-functionally with the Customer Success and Sales teams to ensure we are able to bill our new clients and obtain remittances.
- Support the entire life-cycle of billing for a new client, including: taking part in external calls with carriers, monitoring initial claim processing, eventually turning a new client onto daily automated claims, and reporting on the reimbursement of that specific new account.
- Follow up with payers on claims outstanding over 30 days and ensure they are paid accurately and timely.
- Submit invoices to our clients 1x per month.
- Assist in collecting patient payments and follow-up as needed.
- Assist and support the entire Revenue Cycle function in regards to setting up new payment structures as we expand our program offerings.
- Lead and prepare for both internal and external meetings, specifically in regards to representing the HH revenue cycle team.
- Update and refresh reporting for revenue cycle KPIs, including but not limited to: claim denials, claim write-offs, time to cash, etc.
- Internally report on key revenue cycle metrics such as claim denials or underpayments, but also identify ways to improve and avoid these moving forward.
- Willingness to investigate financial and billing data to extrapolate insights upon request.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document respective projects.
- Troubleshoot and correct any ad-hoc claim rejections, verify user eligibility, and re-submit claims accordingly.
- Ability to identify revenue cycle process breakdowns and apply knowledge to propose & develop potential solutions.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 1 year of professional experience, preferably in the startup, consulting, and/or healthcare fields.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally with different teams.
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup.
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Desire to work and be part of a robust team in-office 3-days a week (if based in SF Bay Area).
- Experience working in a healthcare startup.
- Experience in revenue cycle management.
- Experience project managing of internal projects.
- Finance and accounting experience is a plus, but not required.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.