At Human API, we exist to radically accelerate the pace of health innovation for everyone. That is our vision. We unlock siloed health data from everywhere and put it directly into the hands of the consumer, right when they need it: enabling a meaningful transaction that creates value in their lives. Some call us the “PayPal” of health data, but our dreams are bigger.
To name a few examples, we help rapidly screen participants for clinical trials, enable life-changing software through accurate wearable data, and we accelerate the buying process for important insurance products. Tomorrow we will inspire the innovation of impactful digital health products to maximize human longevity and potential. We are looking for talent who are equally inspired by these big ideas and have the grit and determination to make them come to life.
As Senior Data Analyst, you’ll be responsible for deeply understanding Human API’s data assets and analytics infrastructure and then working closely with the client success and product teams to understand their questions and needs and create analytical solutions to meet those needs. You will also collaborate with the data engineering team to maintain and improve Human API’s data infrastructure and analytics pipelines.
What you’ll do
- Owning analytics from question to answer, for example characterizing datasets and modeling them so the interfaces to data are more accessible to stakeholders
- Ensuring our analytics layer is scalable by maintaining and consolidating definitions and models and making analytics self-serve where possible to empower the rest of the organization
- Collaborate cross functionally to understand our teams’ and customers’ data needs and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Implement data governance and security protocols to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of our customers’ data
- Build and maintain dashboards, reports, and other visualizations to understand and gain insights from the data
- Develop and maintain documentation for our data infrastructure and analytics pipelines
- 5+ years in a data analysis role exercising strong business acumen, understanding data and messaging needs situationally, and for different teams
- Proven depth and breadth of expertise in SQL and data querying, in general
- Experience with clinical data and the common clinical coding systems such as ICD, CPT, HCPCS, LOINC, Snomed, RxNorm, etc
- Strong technical understanding of data schema design, data modeling, and ETL / analytics / reporting systems
- Comfort handling large and complex datasets
- Experience with receiving and interpreting feedback from stakeholders and translating that to models, reports, and visualizations that meet the core need
- Ability to make suggestions and recommendations regarding data governance and analytical reporting. This role will help define our data program and not just take requests
- Curiosity and drive to understand HAPIs value propositions, technology/solutions, and our unique customer base
- Experience and proficiency with Looker ideal
- Experience with Databricks, Apache Spark, or Kafka