We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team
Our Finance team embodies the values of ZOE within an open, transparent and high-performing team. Current team members come with a wealth of experience in Start-ups, high growth, and transformational change. Looking into 2024 and beyond, key projects such as the redevelopment of the multi-year Business Plan, the introduction of quarterly forecasts, the upgrade of key reporting tools, and potential financing rounds offer a great opportunity for empowerment and learning. Core to our performance is a collaborative approach across departments.
About the role
In the newly created role of FP&A Analyst, you will play a crucial role in our finance team, responsible for developing budget and multi-year business plan models. You will work with the VP Finance and the FP&A Lead to develop management reporting and provide insightful analyses for presentation to the Board. This is an opportunity to leverage your strong quantitative and financial modelling skills in an exciting and fast-paced environment: you will be joining one of the UK’s 10 fastest-growing start-ups. https://sifted.eu/articles/10-fastest-growing-startups-uk
Working closely with the FP&A Lead, VP Finance, CFO and wider leadership team, you will drive the insights and upgrade the performance management, for a company which has a potential route to IPO in 5-7 years. You will be a significant contributor, and your role will evolve as the business grows.
- Applying quantitative analysis to drive insights into ZOE’s performance, identifying trends, developments, and opportunities, supporting high-quality decision making
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting for financial performance management, enabling the execution of ZOE’s strategy
- Preparing the budget and multi-year business plan models, ensuring accuracy and alignment with strategic goals.
- Supporting the business with wider commercial/strategic initiatives, including headcount planning, customer & cohort analysis, country-by-country strategy, analysis of economics of paid user acquisition, and pricing decisions.
- Supporting ad-hoc analysis requests as required, providing timely and accurate financial insights.
- Develop of the Finance dashboarding environment in Google Sheets and Holistics, ensuring data accuracy and user-friendly visualisation.
Key Skills Required
- Strong quantitative and financial modelling skills, proficient in Excel and Google Sheets.
- Data-savvy mindset; experience in business intelligence tools and SQL is advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in setting up complex models for FP&A, valuation, or due diligence
- Good understanding of financial statements and underlying general ledger transactions.
- Excellent attention to detail, delivering high-quality work with minimal errors.
- Strong understanding of quality control methodologies to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Proficient in process management, adhering to finance calendars and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while delivering exceptional results.
- Have the ability to teach, train and coach non-financial staff in financial concepts.
- Team player with a “no task is too small” mentality
We think this would be a great fit if you…
- Are a Finance professional who is passionate about making a positive impact on the success of the business every day. You like to be hands-on with numbers, yet with a perspective of the long-term course and business goals.
- Have previous experience in FP&A, corporate finance, transaction services, or consulting, or exposure to due diligence work.
- Are passionate about contributing to a mission-driven company in a collaborative team environment.
- Are looking for a wide variety of responsibilities and be able to have real business impact
- Want to work with a highly motivated team in a growth-oriented culture
- Want to be part of a company committed to doing the right things and doing things right