Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
Summary: Our goal is to build the best People & Talent team in health-tech, and we are only as good as our people. Ensuring our people at Sword have the best framework and support is key to our success. We currently have a head of Talent but are missing a critical role. Our VP of People Operations. This role will be based in the US and will report to our Sword Chief Legal and People Officer.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Evaluate current People Operations function and identify areas of strength and opportunities; including Systems, Processes, Policies, Compensation, and Programs including employee relations, mobility, compliance, and HRIS administration
- Refresh priorities, framework, and governance for all People service delivery
- Enable long-term operational excellence though administration of processes that are easily monitored and measured
- Automate currently manual and transactional processes and policies and ensure they meet regulatory and legal requirements
- Oversee and manage People compliance function including HR audits, documentation, and testing of key controls, and ensuring internal policies and processes support compliance requirements
- Collaborate with the VP of Talent Acquisition and VP of People Partnering to ensure all HR policies, processes, and procedures are strategically aligned, updated, accessible, and ensure operational efficiency, effectiveness, and an optimal employee experience
- Review and potentially revamp current compensation models
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish objectives and financial strategies for total rewards programs
- Provide guidelines and requirements for implementing, administering, and communicating total rewards programs including health, wellness, retirement, incentives, base pay, variable pay, sales commission, merit increases, etc.
- Provide strategy leadership in the development of benefit and compensation and incentive programs that meet broader financial requirements
- Lead the total rewards market analysis and planning
- Address market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness to ensure programs support talent and business objectives
- Establish total reward supplier relationships and performance standards
- Maintain and apply knowledge of leading practices and trends to inform total rewards strategy and activities
- Optimize HRIS to meet workforce and compliance requirements and create opportunities for automation, reporting, and reduction of manual processes
- Provide leadership for people experience managers in the delivery of onboarding, lead/manager/director coaching and development, employee relations, employee experience, and exit management support
- Provide employee relations support to leadership, and staff, counseling employees on work-related issues while interpreting and applying organizational policies
- Ensure transparent and consistent communication with employees and leadership throughout the lifecycle of employment to build trust and promote an inclusive and supportive work culture
- Responsible for providing effective performance feedback for direct reports by establishing clear goals and expectations, including adherence to standards; hold direct reports accountable for results
- Provides leadership, direction, and coaching to direct reports
- Creates and promotes a culture of teamwork and cooperation within the team and throughout the organization
What You Will Need:
- At least 10 years of experience, with at least 5 years in rapid-growth startup companies. Experience in a well-disciplined technology organization where best practices are integral to the management of the business is a plus.
- History of success in progressively more senior roles, including managerial experience in the Compensation and HR Operations field and effective collaboration with Finance.
- Deep background in compensation at both private and public companies with general understanding of Finance, Accounting, and Benefits.
- Experience leading international compensation
- Exposure to global compensation trends and approaches with a multinational corporation.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, and communications skills.
- Proactive, strategic problem solver supported by analytical and project management skills.
- High ownership of work materials and high attention to detail to ensure complete accuracy and quality of output.
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency with Google suite of products (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Ability to analyze, manipulate, make observations about, and present data.