NOBULL is a footwear, apparel and accessory brand for people who train hard and don’t believe in excuses. The company is comprised of a small team of bright, passionate, and hardworking individuals. NOBULL’s mission is to create a globally disruptive brand by developing simply innovative products that perform for their customers.
NOBULL HQ is currently located in Boston, MA. Joining the team offers a rare opportunity for those with an entrepreneurial spirit looking to get in at the ground level of a rapidly growing business, in a position with significant room for growth.
NOBULL is seeking a motivated and talented Art Director for its rapidly growing Content team. The individual will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing compelling, product-focused imagery (in-studio and on-location) while fostering growth in an established team of creatives. A successful candidate will be organized and highly technical. Priority will be given to applicants with proven management experience. If you are a passionate and hard working creative who is looking for an exciting and inclusive team, NOBULL could be the right place for you!
**A portfolio of direct-works is required for consideration. When applying, please include a link to your work samples in your resume. Instagram and other social media profiles are not considered to be valid portfolio submissions.**
- Lead a diverse team of Photographers, Videographers, Editors and Graphic Designers to enhance how NOBULL presents its current and future product offerings.
- Collaborate on the ideation and development of compelling, effective visually-striking imagery for various digital distribution channels.
- Direct studio- and field-based photoshoots to support product launches and brand initiatives.
- Oversee editorial and post-production process.
- Manage and foster growth in an established team of creatives.
- Identify, direct, and evaluate talent to represent a wide range of product lines and styles.
- Assist, as needed, with on-set production.
- Standardize, backup, and turnover assets to editorial staff.
- Quickly interpret feedback, problem solve, and effectively implement changes.
- In collaboration with cross functional teams and stakeholders, establish and actively lead efficient workflows and standardizations.
- Maintain a critical eye and uphold the high standards of NOBULL’s style-guidelines.
- 10+ years professional experience creating high-level, visual art. Agency and or Consumer Product experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as an Art Director.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating the ability to capture artful, visually-compelling images (see above for portfolio requirements).
- Proven experience managing teams of videographers and other creative professionals.
- Experience managing editorial and an ability to maintain an organized post-workflow.
- Proven proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities under tight timelines and within brand standards.
- Willing to learn, grow, adapt, and be artistically flexible.
- Be above nothing, down for anything, a true team player, and an overall good person.
- Comfortable sticking up for what you believe in, and admitting when you don’t know.
- Highly technical, organized and attentive to detail with strong communication skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with basic technology; G-Suite/ Google Workspace, MS Office Suite, Dropbox & Zoom