Hi, we’re ZOE
We’re a team of scientists, developers, marketers and more, changing the way the world eats. With our personalised nutrition programme, we’re on a mission to improve the health of millions, and with plans as vast as the plants on our plate, we need the best team. Or ZOEntists, as we like to call ourselves.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firm Accomplice (backers of Angellist and Zoopla), world-renowned entrepreneurs, like Steven Bartlett (also a proud brand ambassador), and we’ve raised over £70m in funding as of July 2023.
With Professor Tim Spector and Dr Sarah Berry leading our science, we have over 63,000 global members and, in our 2022 crowdfunding campaign, we welcomed 13,000 ‘Owners’.
Got a good (gut) feeling it could be you? Head to our career page to find out more.
We’re looking for a Podcast Producer to take ZOE even further.
What’s the role?
You’ll be working in a small but growing team that sits within ZOE’s marketing team, reporting to the Director of Podcasting. Together you’ll produce the UK’s most listened to health and nutrition podcast (often the UK’s #1 podcast overall!) ZOE Science and Nutrition. The podcast helps more than 3 million people each month to improve their health. We’re looking for someone from a science or nutrition comms background or someone who’s worked in science or nutrition before transitioning to a content background. You’ll be creative and entrepreneurial, reliable (we must deliver our podcast each and every week), and be comfortable using collaborative systems to ensure consistent delivery of high quality content. Working closely with the Director of Podcasting, Associate Producer, Senior Podcast Growth Manager and Editor, you’ll deliver content that genuinely improves the health of millions.
Meet the team:
We’re a small but growing team who believe in putting our audience first. Our 3m+ monthly ZOE listeners want to hear from the most credible health and nutrition sources there are. Where other podcasts compromise, we do not. That said, simplifying our science to make it actionable and accessible is equally important. Our show is for everyone – not just scientists! We are a top 5 UK podcast in terms of listenership size, and the biggest in our niche. Our sights are now set on growing in the US and elsewhere. To do this we must be brave, run experiments and make incremental gains in every aspect.
In your role as producer, we’ll be counting on you to:
- Pitch episode and topic ideas, research and vet guests
- Produce weekly briefing documents for our hosts
- Be accountable for the scientific accuracy of our episodes
- Collaborate with host co hosts on finalising briefing docs
- Attend recording sessions (1-2 times a month)
- Strive to make our content and systems 1% better each time
Skills and experience:
- Researcher or creator experience in either nutrition, a health-related field, or health content
- Experience working across a broad spectrum of health topics
- Experience producing a weekly podcast podcast, radio show, youtube channel, newsletter or other
- First class writing skills
- Passion for health and wellness
Nice to have / you’d be eager to learn:
- Storytelling ability
- Degree in nutrition or health-related field
- Conscious language skills
- Persuasive writing skills
- Kind, unusually proactive
- Loves a challenge – must thrive in a high trust, high commitment environment
- Highly organised and a good planner
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- Be flexible! Our company and team is growing and evolving – you will need to grow with it