San Francisco, CA
Senior Manager of Customer Support
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health & Fitness app, and we were Apple’s 2023 iPhone App of the Year!
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Customer Support. In this role, you will manage a team of agents, use technology and processes to solve customer pain points, and help enhance the quality of our product. You will identify and mitigate risks, monitor and improve key performance indicators, and communicate clearly with cross-functional and executive stakeholders. You’ll also collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and Data Operations, and will report to the VP of Operations.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Delivering an exceptional customer experience to our global community of 60M outdoor enthusiasts
- Leading a team of in-house agents to deliver core customer support and managing an external contractor team that provides additional flex support
- Adopting and implementing innovative technologies such as generative AI to enable a better self-service digital experience and maintain a high-quality and low-friction customer experience
- Analyzing data and reports to identify major themes early and create solutions that help solve customers’ pain points
- Measuring, tracking, and communicating key performance metrics such as SLAs and CSAT to measure the success of our customer support program
- Fostering a culture of compassion and high performance that reflects our core values
- 5-10 years of experience in a customer support function or in a function related to customer support, with 4+ years of people management experience
- Experience using Zendesk or comparable ticketing systems to help customers, identify insights, measure performance, calculate ROI, and form recommendations
- Experience scaling programs across countries and implementing and improving multi-language support
- Experience collaborating closely with Senior Leadership as key stakeholders and providing clear and consistent updates through meetings and reports that drive measurable business outcomes
- Startup experience or experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Passion for the outdoors