At WHOOP, we’re on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We handle massive amounts of data continuously streaming up to the cloud collected from the world’s greatest sports teams and athletes mandating a fault-tolerant and highly available product.
The Progress & Insights team is focused on helping members understand what drives their behavioral patterns and how it impacts their mind, body, and performance. The features we build bolster behavioral change by connecting the dots between cause and effect and measuring progress over time. As a backend engineer on the Progress & Insights team, you will build and maintain the backend services that power these exciting features and connect to our powerful data science algorithms.
- Work in a cross functional team that works closely with the data science, product, and software engineering teams at WHOOP
- Contribute to back end development using the following technologies: Java, Kafka, AWS, and Postgres
- Contribute to new feature ideation, planning, and development
- Translate feature requirements into actionable tasks with risks identified
- Work on scaling challenges that span multiple systems and demand high availability and stability.
- 2+ years of development experience (RESTful APIs, Databases)
- Experience writing APIs and interacting with relational databases (Postgres)
- Knowledge of database query language such as SQL
- Experience writing tests and documenting code for a variety of audiences
- An innate passion for approaching large-scale problems through small, data-informed, and experiment-driven iterations
- You thrive in a fast-paced and data-driven environment
- Willingness to be both a team player and an owner