WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience – one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
The Design Director is responsible for managing and directing the Design team, which drives visual asset creation in partnership with Marketing, Engagement, and ECommerce Product UI/UX. The ideal candidate has experience working in digital media and advertising, with a portfolio that shows off high-level skills in design, typography, and visual storytelling. They will be excited about creating style guides, championing brand consistency, and driving visuals for a variety of content.
- Lead the creative team and direct project completion in line with company and project goals.
- Formulate short and long term creative goals and strategies for achieving them, with an eye towards competitive and industry trends.
- Develop design concepts that further the company’s brand identity and maintain consistency over the quality and message of the team’s output.
- Inspire the creative team to perform more advanced work using brainstorming sessions, team meetings, and other strategic tools.
- Transform rough ideas and general concepts into actions, projects, and completed products or messages.
- Enforce deadlines and maintain efficiency in the creative department.
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually keeping on brief and managing the ideation.
- Review and approve and amended designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other team members.
- Collaborate with partners across Marketing, Engagement, and Content production (on-Hydrow workouts) teams to build and execute on Hydrow strategy.
- Drive asset completion with hands-on design work for specific projects
- Mindset: Player-coach, collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others. A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
- Flexibility: Quickly responds to unexpected changes in scale, priorities, and pace. Ability to multitask and manage a number of different projects at once. Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- Communication: Exceptional communication skills and ability to bridge the gap between the business and creative sides of the company.
- Leadership: Incredibly self-motivated and innovative, able to take charge of any situation, presenting a vision and building support.
- 8+ years of experience in Design
- 3+ years managing Design teams
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production and image selection
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of project management, design and brand development, and marketing.