WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience – one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
We seek a Director of Product Manager to lead new Hydrow product management and guide future connected-fitness product development initiatives. Your role is pivotal and strategic in guiding new product development and strategic feature development in an expanding connected fitness ecosystem serving Hydrow’s growing membership.
- Develop a comprehensive product viewpoint, expanding the unique value proposition and strategic vision of the product set. Collaborate with leadership to align this vision with strategic business goals.
- Imbue a customer-centric approach in the product development process. Utilize customer insights, and market research as well as quantitative and qualitative feedback to inform product features and enhancements.
- Oversee product execution from ideation through launch and commercialization, ensuring each stage meets its objectives and timelines.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in engineering, hardware & production, design, customer engagement and member services in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Drive effective communication across multiple constituencies including company leadership and execution teams.
- Expertise in synthesizing product direction and user-experience to drive strategic business goals.
- Experience working with connected product design, IoT and hardware development lifecycles
- Drive gains in key product engagement metrics through experimentation and testing.
- Continuous exploration of emerging trends and technologies. Ensuring product strategies are aligned with customer needs, market trends, and business objectives.
- A deep understanding of user-experience, network effects, platform and ecosystem design, experimentation-driven approaches and systems thinking.
- Eagerness to mentor a diverse product team and foster a generative culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Established ability to drive accountability and cross-functional execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience product management roles preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in IoT or connected devices preferred.
- Experience in fitness technology and markets and multiple fitness modalities including rowing preferred.
- Experience overseeing development and marketing of a consumer product from conceptual through commercial stages.
- Experience leading cross-functional squads at a strategic level and demonstrable experience driving success in fast-paced resource efficient environments.
- Experience with agile software development principles and project management tools including JIRA