San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role
You’ll be responsible for managing compliance program requirements, such as annual company-wide compliance training roll-out, annual policy & procedure updates, responding to records requests and/or data deletion requests, and compliance reporting and monitoring activities. You will work cross-functionally with privacy, information security, and other internal departments to assist in responding to compliance requests such as attestations or other regulatory requests. You will build positive business relationships with internal stakeholders to further compliance program objectives and support the company’s culture of compliance.
Team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Excellent organizational, communication, and program management skills. Knows how to manage document and data repositories of compliance or legal documents using the Company’s tech apps/systems. Willing to work outside their comfort zone by volunteering for new projects, and learning new skills to support company growth. Able to launch and manage annual compliance programs including compliance training, compliance policy attestation, and completion of compliance questionnaires/inquiries that are timely and with a high degree of quality and accuracy. Self-starter who can manage programs and processes with minimal hands-on supervision, has an excellent work ethic, and is responsible for important compliance deliverables that are completed timely, completely, and accurately.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Manage and utilize third-party applications including Freshdesk or similar application to manage & respond to compliance tickets, KnowBe4 or similar application to upload and track compliance training program completion, and apps to create dashboards or track compliance monitoring issues and metrics.
- Assist in risk assessments with internal stakeholders and creation of compliance tracking and monitoring for prioritized risks as they are identified.
- Build expertise in specified compliance program subject matter areas in order to respond to stakeholder questions and requests for assistance.
- Utilize strong project management skills; the ability to lead projects to successful, timely completion; the ability to think critically and analytically and listen actively; and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in an effective and respectful manner.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of compliance activities, assessments, audit findings, and other compliance related materials.
- Update and deliver annual compliance training courses, organize the annual project to update policies and procedures, and assist with compliance communications.
- Participate in risk assessment activities, compliance auditing and monitoring activities, and perform other key compliance program duties, as assigned.
- Keep current on relevant compliance and regulatory requirements impacting Hinge Health’s business.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree required, business, healthcare, or law are preferred degree areas.
- A minimum of 5 years of related compliance, regulatory or legal experience. Certification from HCCA, SCCE or similar compliance or auditing certification from a recognized industry association is a bonus.
- Experience working in a healthcare or corporate compliance program or with a federal or state regulatory agency is highly preferred. Tech industry experience is a bonus.
- Flexibility/adaptability to handle ambiguity and adapt to shifting requirements impacting your role in a growing company.
- Collaborative teamwork, ability to effectively engage across all departments and with stakeholders in a thoughtful and respectful manner.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.