San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role
The Director, Clinical Product Consultants utilizes their clinical musculoskeletal experience and technological knowledge to provide input into the development of the Hinge Health product. In this role you will interact directly with all levels of the Hinge Health R&D organization, including product management, design and engineering, and you will collaborate closely with the clinical operations teams, including physical therapy, coaching and physicians to integrate our care teams with our technology. You will lead a team of clinical consultants who work directly with the R&D pods, providing input into Hinge Health’s exercise therapy programs, computer vision assessment and guidance, care team management tools, Enso development, patient education, and features for seniors, women and high-risk populations.
The ideal candidate must be an expert in musculoskeletal conditions, movement assessment and pain neuroscience. They will be a physical therapist or physician with at least 10 years of clinical experience in the delivery of physical therapy and/or other conservative musculoskeletal care. They will also have significant experience designing and developing technology products, ideally working with product management, design and engineering organizations within a technology company. They will also be a great people manager who has led teams of high-performing clinical experts.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Provide strong clinical input into the development of the Hinge Health product
- Produce high quality clinical recommendation and product vision documents
- Collect and synthesize clinical requirements from internal and external stakeholders to guide Hinge Health product and operational improvements
- Establish long-term clinical vision for the Hinge Health program utilizing our technology and care team
- Manage a team of high performing clinical product consultants to do the best work of their careers
- Maintain strong relationships with R&D, Operations and Clinical leadership.
- Stay up to date on the latest musculoskeletal and pain science literature
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies in rehabilitation and pain relief, as well as the digital health market.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Expert in musculoskeletal conditions, movement evaluation, the biopsychosocial care model and pain neuroscience education.
- Physical therapist or physician (DPT, MD or DO degree) with at least 5 years of clinical experience in the delivery of physical therapy and/or other conservative musculoskeletal care.
- Experience designing and developing products within a technology company
- Ability to synthesize feedback from internal and external stakeholders into product requirements
- Ability to work cross functionally across R&D, Operations and Clinical teams
- Great people manager who has led teams of high-performing clinical experts.
- Ability to envision and develop products that balance clinical, technical, and usability considerations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Team player who shows respect for colleagues across teams and levels of seniority
- A learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): Always willing to learn
- Hustle: Creative, unrelenting, finds a way
- Trust/Accountability: Always acts in the team and company’s best interest. Receptive to feedback and admits mistakes.
- At least 5 years of experience working with product management, design and engineering organizations within a technology company.
- Solid understanding of rehabilitation technologies, computer vision and artificial intelligence, including large language models.
- Knowledge of the digital health market, including self-insured employers, health plans, consultants and other vendors.
- Understanding of the physical therapy market, as well as its interaction with health systems, health plans and technology vendors.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development