About Good Inside
Welcome to Good Inside—a revolutionary new content and community company changing the way parents consume content. Fellow moms and clinical psychologists Dr. Becky Kennedy and Dr. Erica Belsky launched Good Inside in January 2021 after discovering that millions of parents around the globe were yearning for support along their parenting journey. Every parent seemed to know the parent they wanted to be, but no one knew how to get there. At Good Inside, we are determined to fill this gap. We believe that parenting is the most important, challenging, and ongoing job in the world—and that parents deserve resources and support.
The Good Inside philosophy is based on the idea that all parents (and kids!) are doing the best they can with the resources they have available at that moment. Dr. Becky shares deep ideas about child development and psychology and translates them into actionable, concrete strategies and scripts that parents can use in their home right away. As we empower parents with more resources—from skills to knowledge to community—they feel better on the inside and do better on the outside.
With a community of over 2 million parents around the globe, Good Inside is disrupting the parenting space, sharing ways of engaging with kids to deepen the parent-child connection, increase respect, set firmer boundaries, and improve behavior.
Good Inside is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team. This is a full-time position and will report directly to the Head of Engineering. As Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building the backend to support our product; a highly personalized, one-of-a-kind user experience and brand new way to interact with our content and community. This role is a hybrid position with two days a week in our Manhattan office, including Mondays onsite.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- The design, development and maintenance of all backend services as well as our Backend For Frontend abstraction layer
- Connecting and maintaining any 3rd party services that are essential to our business
- Act as a resource for other engineers, as well as product managers regarding all things backend
- Collaborating with frontend engineers on how to best serve and visualize data
- Writing and distributing clear documentation regarding architectural choices and processes
- 5 years of experience in backend development
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Python
- Experience with frameworks like FastAPI, Flask and Django
- Experience with data engineering is a big plus
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- You are a strong collaborator with the ability to foster solid team dynamics and effective cross-functional relationships
- You are a team player who is willing to take direction but can get things done on your own with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You remain calm and organized when faced with shifting priorities and roadblocks and have the ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and drive results
- You are excited about Good Inside’s mission and are passionate about improving the lives of parents and children
What We Offer
- Pay range transparency: $160,000 to $200,000 / annually plus company equity
- Generous benefits package including
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Robust time off policy including 3 weeks PTO, Sick Leave, 13 paid holidays, 2 “Quiet Weeks” per year, Self Care Fridays monthly, and Summer Fridays every Friday in the Summer
- A team committed to empowering parents in order to change the way this generation of children are raised.
- A culture that balances hard work, self care, and open and honest communication – we live the Good Inside principles in our workplace from how we lead the company, to how we support employees personal growth, to how we always see the good inside each other.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Good Inside is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented people. As much as we believe in focusing on the parent behind the parenting and the child behind the behavior, we believe in focusing on the person behind the job. We’re dedicated to building a workplace where we give each other the strategies, support, and space we each need to thrive—believing in and bringing out the good inside of everyone..
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.