About Good Inside
Welcome to Good Inside—a revolutionary new content and community company changing the way parents consume content. Fellow moms and clinical psychologists Dr. Becky Kennedy and Dr. Erica Belsky launched Good Inside in January 2021 after discovering that millions of parents around the globe were yearning for support along their parenting journey. Every parent seemed to know the parent they wanted to be, but no one knew how to get there. At Good Inside, we are determined to fill this gap. We believe that parenting is the most important, challenging, and ongoing job in the world—and that parents deserve resources and support.
The Good Inside philosophy is based on the idea that all parents (and kids!) are doing the best they can with the resources they have available at that moment. Dr. Becky shares deep ideas about child development and psychology and translates them into actionable, concrete strategies and scripts that parents can use in their home right away. As we empower parents with more resources—from skills to knowledge to community—they feel better on the inside and do better on the outside.
With a community of over 2 million parents around the globe, Good Inside is disrupting the parenting space, sharing ways of engaging with kids to deepen the parent-child connection, increase respect, set firmer boundaries, and improve behavior.
Good Inside is looking for a strategically-minded, exceptionally organized Director of Finance and Business Operations to develop and drive our operational excellence. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the operational efficiency of Good Inside. This position requires a versatile professional who can seamlessly blend strategic thinking, tactical execution and financial acumen to drive the achievement of our operational goals. A successful candidate is one who is passionate, ambitious, creative, self-starting, and has a confident “I can do it” attitude toward tasks big and small. This role requires meticulous organizational skills and reports directly to our Executive Leadership Team. This is a hybrid role in Manhattan with three days a week onsite.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Ensure the financial health and stability of Good Inside by owning, developing and implementing all aspects of financial strategy and operations, including financial reporting, forecasting, planning, budgeting, financial analysis and cash management
- Create, track and maintain key business and financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess current and future business risks and opportunities while providing timely and accurate reporting along with financial and operational dashboards for internal and external stakeholders to understand company health week-to-week
- Translate the outputs of their financial analysis into impactful insights and compelling recommendations
- Partner with the executive team to drive financial decision making around cost and growth
- Build out the technical financial infrastructure of the company and be familiar with core financial and GTM systems e.g. Looker, NetSuite, HubSpot, etc.
- Manage relationships and liaise between Good Inside and legal partners
- Work directly with and support the COO on prioritization of strategic opportunities, operational execution, quarterly and annual planning, and team management
- Be a strategic and creative thinker who will improve cross-team processes through organizational design, process optimization and data-driven analysis
- Implement and communicate data-driven approaches to improve operational processes, including company-wide quarterly and annual planning
- Supervise our Finance, Accounting and Operations function and team
- Foster strong communication channels between finance, operations, and other functional areas
A Great Candidate…
- Is excited about Good Inside’s mission and is passionate about improving the lives of parents and children
- Has a bias toward action, values experimentation, and is more interested in finding the right answer than being right
- Values truthful, direct feedback, even when it can feel uncomfortable
- Is a driven self-starter; you don’t wait to be told what to do but rather look around, spot problems and opportunities, and share ideas you’ve brainstormed
- Is flexible and capable of doing many things (versus just one thing); our most successful employees wear multiple hats and are willing to work on a wide scope of responsibilities
What We’re Looking For in You
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related field; MBA is a plus
- You have 8+ years of relevant experience in management consulting; strategy, strategic finance, biz ops, or chief of staff function at high-growth startup
- You are experienced in analytical evaluation of operational metrics with the ability to build advanced, integrated financial models
- Fluent with Gmail, Google calendar, Google tools; experience with privacy compliance systems like TrustArc; proficiency with core financial and GTM systems e.g. Looker, NetSuite, HubSpot
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels within the organization
- You have exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
What We Offer
- Compensation transparency range of $150,000 – $200,000 annually and company equity
- Generous benefits package including 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO, Sick Leave, 11 paid holidays
- 2 “Quiet Weeks” per year, Self Care Fridays monthly during the Fall, Winter, and Spring, Summer Fridays every Friday in the Summer, and Summer Work-from-Home
- Flexible hybrid work environment
- A team committed to empowering parents in order to change the way this generation of children are raised
- A culture that balances hard work, self care, and open and honest communication – we live the Good Inside principles in our workplace from how we lead the company, to how we support employees personal growth, to how we always see the good inside each other
Equal Employment Opportunity
Good Inside is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented people. As much as we believe in focusing on the parent behind the parenting and the child behind the behavior, we believe in focusing on the person behind the job. We’re dedicated to building a workplace where we give each other the strategies, support, and space we each need to thrive—believing in and bringing out the good inside of everyone..
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.