About Good Inside
Welcome to Good Inside—a revolutionary new content and community company changing the way parents consume content. Fellow moms and clinical psychologists Dr. Becky Kennedy and Dr. Erica Belsky launched Good Inside in January 2021 after discovering that millions of parents around the globe were yearning for support along their parenting journey. Every parent seemed to know the parent they wanted to be, but no one knew how to get there. At Good Inside, we are determined to fill this gap. We believe that parenting is the most important, challenging, and ongoing job in the world—and that parents deserve resources and support.
The Good Inside philosophy is based on the idea that all parents (and kids!) are doing the best they can with the resources they have available at that moment. Dr. Becky shares deep ideas about child development and psychology and translates them into actionable, concrete strategies and scripts that parents can use in their home right away. As we empower parents with more resources—from skills to knowledge to community—they feel better on the inside and do better on the outside.
With a community of over 2 million parents around the globe, Good Inside is disrupting the parenting space, sharing ways of engaging with kids to deepen the parent-child connection, increase respect, set firmer boundaries, and improve behavior.
Good Inside is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic Head of People to support our fast-growing team. You will be responsible for influencing the culture while supporting and guiding the team and contributing to the mission at Good Inside. You will maintain and build off the organization’s People Operations, Engagement and Compliance program. A successful candidate is passionate, ambitious, creative, self-starting, and has a confident “I can do it” attitude toward tasks big and small. You’re a true generalist and business partner who has knowledge and experience in a broad range of both tactical and strategic areas of human resources and has a natural instinct for coaching throughout all levels of an organization. You know how to wear many hats and have the startup orientation to jump in and get it done. This is a hybrid role in Manhattan with three days onsite.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with leadership to ensure HR strategies, processes, and practices are implemented
- Serve as a trusted point of contact for employees’ HR-related questions and concerns, providing a compassionate and solution-oriented approach
- Foster a positive employee culture that aligns with the Good Inside mission and values
- Own and handle all employee relations concerns, general grievances, law violations and investigations with discretion
- Provide meaningful coaching and feedback to employees, addressing various employee-related issues and business needs
- Demonstrate thought leadership and suitable judgment in making HR-related business decisions.
- Leadership and administration of full employee lifecycle process throughout the organization
- Continue to grow the HR team and function, building upon existing HR systems, processes, and policies, identifying areas for improvement and executing
- Process worker’s compensation claims, leaves of absences, benefits administration
- Oversee employee benefits, payroll, and health and safety programs, maintaining our PEO Sequoia
- Manage and execute annual performance management program, and guide leadership through annual compensation process
- Maintain annual company calendar to capture all people-related activities (i.e. performance management and training), company meetings, and culture-building events
- Manage talent team and advise on recruitment process; partner with leadership and talent to maintain and scale a growing organizational design
- Oversee New Hire Onboarding, ensuring that all participants (e.g. hiring managers, office manager, etc.) understand their responsibilities and the employee experience is efficient and inclusive
- Lead the termination and offboarding process
- Update and create policies regarding company compliance with all existing federal, state and local laws and labor reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory concerns as well as employee safety, welfare, and health
A Great Candidate…
- Is excited about Good Inside’s mission and is passionate about improving the lives of parents and children
- Values truthful, direct feedback, even when it can feel uncomfortable
- Has a bias toward action, values experimentation, and is more interested in finding the right answer than being right
- Is a driven self-starter; you don’t wait to be told what to do but rather look around, spot problems and opportunities, and share ideas you’ve brainstormed
What We’re Looking For In You
- 5 to 7 years of progressive human resources experience in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in HR or related area; HR certification such as SHRM-CP or PHR preferred but not required
- Fluent with Gmail, Google calendar, Google tools, Greenhouse, Culture Amp and Sequoia a plus
- Child Development Experience: You’ve worked with kids, babysat in the past, had experience in the child development space; in other words, you love kids and family dynamics
What We Offer:
- Compensation transparency range: $150,000 to $190,000 annually plus company equity
- Generous benefits package including
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO, Sick Leave, 11 paid holidays
- 2 “Quiet Weeks” per year, Self Care Fridays monthly during the Fall, Winter, and Spring, Summer Fridays every Friday in the Summer, and Summer Work-from-Home
- Flexible hybrid work environment
- A team committed to empowering parents in order to change the way this generation of children are raised.
- A culture that balances hard work, self care, and open and honest communication – we live the Good Inside principles in our workplace from how we lead the company, to how we support employees personal growth, to how we always see the good inside each other.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Good Inside is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented people. As much as we believe in focusing on the parent behind the parenting and the child behind the behavior, we believe in focusing on the person behind the job. We’re dedicated to building a workplace where we give each other the strategies, support, and space we each need to thrive—believing in and bringing out the good inside of everyone..
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.