About Good Inside
Welcome to Good Inside—a revolutionary new content and community company changing the way parents consume content. Fellow moms and clinical psychologists Dr. Becky Kennedy and Dr. Erica Belsky launched Good Inside in January 2021 after discovering that millions of parents around the globe were yearning for support along their parenting journey. Every parent seemed to know the parent they wanted to be, but no one knew how to get there. At Good Inside, we are determined to fill this gap. We believe that parenting is the most important, challenging, and ongoing job in the world—and that parents deserve resources and support.
The Good Inside philosophy is based on the idea that all parents (and kids!) are doing the best they can with the resources they have available at that moment. Dr. Becky shares deep ideas about child development and psychology and translates them into actionable, concrete strategies and scripts that parents can use in their home right away. As we empower parents with more resources—from skills to knowledge to community—they feel better on the inside and do better on the outside.
With a community of over 2 million parents around the globe, Good Inside is disrupting the parenting space, sharing ways of engaging with kids to deepen the parent-child connection, increase respect, set firmer boundaries, and improve behavior.
Good Inside is seeking a Data Analyst to join our team. We are looking for a self-starter who is highly motivated and eager to learn, with a strong attention to detail and a passion for our mission. As a data analyst, you’ll support our Head of Data and have the opportunity to work with stakeholders across product, marketing, content, operations, and community. A successful candidate will be both strategic and analytical. If you are excited about the power of data and learning on the job, we encourage you to apply. This is a hybrid role in Manhattan with three days onsite.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Collaborating with stakeholders to refine their business questions and identifying key metrics for success
- Writing ad-hoc SQL queries in response to data requests, and building reporting dashboards in Snowflake, Amplitude, and a future BI tool
- Designing and analyzing experiments to test hypotheses and inform decision-making
- Assisting with the implementation and configuration of new and existing data tools, ensuring data accuracy and consistency across all systems
- Writing and maintaining documentation for data, ensuring that tracking and metric definitions are clearly documented and communicated to stakeholders
- Contributing to the development of data analysis and reporting standards, ensuring best practices are followed and data quality is maintained
- Staying up-to-date with the latest research and tools in data analysis, and sharing knowledge and insights with the team
A Great Candidate…
- Is a driven self-starter; you don’t wait to be told what to do but rather look around, spot problems and opportunities, and share ideas you’ve brainstormed
- Is a lifelong learner – meaning you truly love the process of learning and taking on challenges!
- Is an exceptional communicator (written & verbal) and can break down complicated concepts for non-analysts
- Is an excellent collaborator. You know how to work with cross-functional teams to achieve goals, and care about helping others achieve their goals
- Values truthful, direct feedback, even when it can feel uncomfortable
- Is excited about Good Inside’s mission and is passionate about improving the lives of parents and children
What We’re Looking For In You
- You have an undergraduate or graduate degree in social science, psychology, economics, or public health, with academic research experience in one of these fields
- You have enjoyed research methods and statistical coursework and have a strong attention to detail
- You have experience using R for statistical analysis
- You approach business challenges with curiosity and an analytical mindset, always thinking though the why and the how of what we do
- You have a bias toward action because you value experimentation, learning, pivoting, and trying new things.
- You have a collaborative approach; you appreciate considering diverse perspectives and believe that the best solutions happen when we work together.
What We Offer
- Pay transparency range: $70,0000 to $85,000 annually plus company equity
- Generous benefits package including
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO, Sick Leave, 11 paid holidays
- 2 “Quiet Weeks” per year, Self Care Fridays monthly during the Fall, Winter, and Spring, Summer Fridays every Friday in the Summer, and Summer Work-from-Home
- Flexible hybrid work environment
- A team committed to empowering parents in order to change the way this generation of children are raised.
- A culture that balances hard work, self care, and open and honest communication – we live the Good Inside principles in our workplace from how we lead the company, to how we support employees personal growth, to how we always see the good inside each other.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Good Inside is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented people. As much as we believe in focusing on the parent behind the parenting and the child behind the behavior, we believe in focusing on the person behind the job. We’re dedicated to building a workplace where we give each other the strategies, support, and space we each need to thrive—believing in and bringing out the good inside of everyone..
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.