About Good Inside
Welcome to Good Inside—the science based and revolutionary, expert-guided subscription membership that takes the guesswork out of parenting, offering in-the-moment, actionable strategies that create short-term wins while helping parents build kids’ confidence & long-term resilience. Good Inside was created to be a parent’s true co-pilot in every single step of their parenting journey – giving them the resources and support they need to feel empowered, sturdier, connected, and hopeful.
Fellow moms and clinical psychologists Dr. Becky Kennedy and Dr. Erica Belsky launched Good Inside in January 2021 after discovering that millions of parents around the globe were yearning for support along their parenting journey. Every parent seemed to know the parent they wanted to be, but no one knew how to get there. At Good Inside, we are determined to fill this gap. We believe that parenting is the most important, challenging, and ongoing job in the world—and that parents deserve resources and support.
The Good Inside philosophy is based on the idea that all parents (and kids!) are doing the best they can with the resources they have available at that moment. Dr. Becky shares deep ideas about child development and psychology and translates them into actionable, concrete strategies and scripts that parents can use in their home right away. As we empower parents with more resources—from skills to knowledge to community—they feel better on the inside and do better on the outside.
With a community of over 2 million parents around the globe, Good Inside is disrupting the parenting space, sharing ways of engaging with kids to deepen the parent-child connection, increase respect, set firmer boundaries, and improve behavior.
Good Inside is looking for a Senior Copywriter to help build our brand and scale membership to the next level. As a key member of our creative team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the overall brand narrative and messaging that empowers parents across their journey. Reporting to the Director of Brand, Content, and Social Media, you’ll help refine our brand tone of voice ensuring that we’re speaking authentically, distinctively, and consistently across all touchpoints and to multiple audiences including current and prospective members, employees, and press.
As our first in-house copywriter, this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a trusted and beloved brand as it begins its growth journey. You’ll manage a team of freelancers and partner with marketing and design to create all marketing assets, including but not limited to paid ads, social media, landing pages, videos, website copy, emails, SMS, notifications, tentpole moments and campaigns that increase brand awareness, differentiation, consideration, and subscriptions. You will develop processes and operations that produce efficient and exceptional work that breaks through the clutter and drives results. This role requires having a keen grasp for language, campaign concepting, storytelling, strong communication (written + verbal), and editing. If you’re a master storyteller passionate about making a positive impact on families, we’d love to hear from you. This is a hybrid role with three days a week in our Manhattan office.
What you will be responsible for:
- Refining and maintaining the Good Inside brand voice and tone guidelines, ensuring consistency across all touchpoints and alignment with the brand’s identity and objectives.
- Collaborating with the Director of Brand, Content and Social Media to set the copy direction for our brand messaging that supports the brand’s vision and goals; partner with product and marketing to ensure a cohesive and integrated approach to messaging across channels and platforms.
- Managing freelance copywriters, providing strategic leadership, guidance, and direction to align efforts with brand guidelines and overall marketing objectives; set and maintain high standards for creative excellence and brand consistency.
- Ideation, concept development, editing and proofing copy for all marketing assets including but not limited to paid ads, video, landing pages, SMS, email, notifications, website copy, and social media content according to project specifications/creative briefs.
- Crafting breakthrough, resonant, and persuasive copy and campaigns, effectively building our brand and driving action among our target audience.
- Creating documentation and tools that enable a shared understanding of our brand voice for direct team and key collaborators.
- Leading freelancers/key stakeholders through daily deliverables, driving prioritization and identifying/implementing process improvements.
- Analyzing the performance of copy and making data-driven decisions to optimize and improve messaging.
- Collaborating closely with the acquisition pod to find compelling and effective ways to position our brand, product, and features across our website to increase conversion rates.
- Continuously research and analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and target audience to create copy and campaigns that resonate and engage.
- Staying current on existing, new, and emerging platforms and best practices for marketing effectiveness.
The ideal candidate…
- Is an exceptional communicator (written & verbal) with a strong ability to present work to executives with authority and conviction.
- Will become an expert in the Good Inside core audience, our brand, and product offering to effectively translate our vision and bring our brand to life.
- Creates work that is insightful, culturally relevant, breakthrough, meaningfully innovative and helps push the brand forward as a trusted global leader.
- Has a strong radar for jargon, boring, bland, fluff copy and avoids it at all costs. You know how to capture attention, emotionally connect, and drive the desired action through strong storytelling and creative ideas.
- Cares about creating a brand experience that matters to our audience and has strong creative sensibility.
- Understands the marketing funnel and thinks strategically about how to use copy to guide customers through it.
- Is an exceptional collaborator and knows how to work with cross-teams to achieve goals, and cares about helping others achieve their goals.
- Values truthful, direct (and compassionate!) feedback, even when it can feel uncomfortable.
- Has proven experience developing the tone of voice for a trusted, recognizable brand.
- Has experience working in parenting, psychology, health and wellness, fintech, Ed tech industries and is passionate about building the Good Inside brand.
Qualifications for the role
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Psychology, English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing, Communications.
- 7+ years as a copywriter, senior copy and/or editorial lead creating marketing campaigns/assets, honing brand voice, on and offline, including experience leading a copy team, preferably at a recognized consumer brand and/or for an ad agency – subscription business experience a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills. Polished presentation skills demonstrating a clear vision of how the work addresses the problem.
- Results-oriented and data driven. You are passionate about understanding culture and our customers and applying those insights into your concepting and copy.
- Superb concepting ability for big platform ideas and innovative, effective digital executions with intuitive knowledge of how copy relates to design, graphics and concept inspiration.
- You inject personality and meaning into your copy and have experience managing and writing to a brand voice.
- Ability to determine and execute copy strategy across multitude of platforms and channels.
- Experience creating and organizing workflow for digital marketing content.
- Ability to see the big picture (as well as all the details) and keep track of many fast-moving projects simultaneously, calling out and solving issues as they arise.
- You understand SEO best practices and know how to weave them into your way of writing.
- You have a collaborative approach; you appreciate considering diverse perspectives and believe that the best solutions happen when we work together.
- You are driven, passionate, and a self-starter; it’s “like you” to dive deep into a project, go the extra mile, and voice ideas you have. You’re not someone who waits to be told what to do – rather, you tend to look around in your environment, spot problems or opportunities, and share solutions and ideas you’ve brainstormed.
- You have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment – shifting priorities are just a challenge to tackle.
- You operate with the highest level of integrity and earn the trust of co-workers. You put the organization above self-interest.
- You set high standards of performance for self and others. You have a low tolerance for mediocrity.
- You are adaptable and can effectively cope with complexity and change.
What We Offer
- Pay transparency range: $90,000 to $110,000 annually plus company equity
- Generous benefits package including
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO, Sick Leave, 13 paid holidays
- 2 “Quiet Weeks” per year, Self Care Fridays monthly during the Fall, Winter, and Spring, Summer Fridays every Friday in the Summer, and Summer Work-from-Home
- Flexible hybrid work environment with three days a week in-office (Bryant Park)
- A team committed to empowering parents in order to change the way this generation of children are raised.
- A culture that balances hard work, self care, and open and honest communication – we live the Good Inside principles in our workplace from how we lead the company, to how we support employees personal growth, to how we always see the good inside each other.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Good Inside is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented people. As much as we believe in focusing on the parent behind the parenting and the child behind the behavior, we believe in focusing on the person behind the job. We’re dedicated to building a workplace where we give each other the strategies, support, and space we each need to thrive—believing in and bringing out the good inside of everyone..
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.