About Good Inside
Welcome to Good Inside—the science based and revolutionary, expert-guided subscription membership that takes the guesswork out of parenting, offering in-the-moment, actionable strategies that create short-term wins while helping parents build kids’ confidence & long-term resilience. Good Inside was created to be a parent’s true co-pilot in every single step of their parenting journey – giving them the resources and support they need to feel empowered, sturdier, connected, and hopeful.
Fellow moms and clinical psychologists Dr. Becky Kennedy and Dr. Erica Belsky launched Good Inside in January 2021 after discovering that millions of parents around the globe were yearning for support along their parenting journey. Every parent seemed to know the parent they wanted to be, but no one knew how to get there. At Good Inside, we are determined to fill this gap. We believe that parenting is the most important, challenging, and ongoing job in the world—and that parents deserve resources and support.
The Good Inside philosophy is based on the idea that all parents (and kids!) are doing the best they can with the resources they have available at that moment. Dr. Becky shares deep ideas about child development and psychology and translates them into actionable, concrete strategies and scripts that parents can use in their home right away. As we empower parents with more resources—from skills to knowledge to community—they feel better on the inside and do better on the outside.
With a community of over 2 million parents around the globe, Good Inside is disrupting the parenting space, sharing ways of engaging with kids to deepen the parent-child connection, increase respect, set firmer boundaries, and improve behavior.
Good Inside is looking for a Director of Strategic Partnerships and Influencer Marketing to help build our brand and grow revenue. Reporting directly to the CMO, you will be a brand evangelist responsible for designing, negotiating, and managing strategic collaborations, sponsorships, and partnerships with brands, influencers, schools, doctors, and businesses to increase reach of our target audience, grow brand and product awareness, and drive revenue growth. You will craft and deliver effective and innovative solutions across all of Good Inside’s owned and operated media properties for leading advertisers. You’ll develop and strengthen relationships with new partners and lead sales for new and existing channels. You’ll be responsible for developing outreach strategies and piloting new go-to-market opportunities.
The right candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, can prioritize the biggest opportunities for new and existing partnerships, and is exceptional at creating mutually beneficial deals that scale and foster successful, long term relationships.
This role is a hybrid position with 3 days a week in our Manhattan office.
- Lead strategy, planning, negotiation, and implementation of strategic partnerships: Lead business development for new, emerging, and existing channels. Identify, evaluate and drive development for new partners, including opportunity assessment, budget, KPIs, contract negotiations, implementation, and go-to-market strategy. Vet opportunities with relevant stakeholders – build and present business cases for incremental funding. Collaborate with cross functional teams to create partner/advertiser solutions and drive 360 activation to create outsized impact.
- Management of strategic partnerships and advertising sales: Manage and optimize existing partnerships. Participate in regular sales meetings and provide ongoing feedback to management. Liaise all inbound inquiries, handle internal evaluation processes, and keep decision records and log inbound volume. Partner with the Good Inside podcast production team to manage the podcast ad calendar, sell all available ad inventory, brainstorm new creative ad strategies, and manage the creative/recording process for brand partners, including participating in content development. Manage a growing pipeline and forecast new business and existing revenue booked. Responsible for all financial aspects of partnerships in respect to budgeting and accounting. Create and socialize monthly and quarterly performance reports and learnings.
- Develop, execute, and manage an influencer and ambassador program: Lead strategy development, budget recommendation, and KPI development for an influencer and ambassador program that delivers on our brand and marketing objectives. Create a program that includes celebrities, mid-tier, micro-influencers, and Good Inside members to drive WOM, earned media, brand and product awareness, new audience growth, and loyalty. Manage sourcing, negotiating, briefing, creative approvals, tracking, payment, and budget. Ensure compliance with FTC regulations and ethical standards in influencer partnerships. Lead reporting & analysis for all influencer and ambassador campaigns, with a focus on effectiveness, ROI, and actionable insights for optimization. Collaborate with cross functional teams to integrate into our marketing and community strategies and campaigns.
- Stay updated on industry, audience, cultural, and social media trends to create a competitive advantage and deliver highly impactful partnerships and activations.
An Ideal Candidate…
Has a deep understanding of or interest in psychology, child development, and the parenting industry and is passionate about the Good Inside Mission.
- Is driven, passionate, and a self-starter; you’re not someone who waits to be told what to do – rather, you take initiative to identify and seize opportunities while managing risk.
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and earns the trust of co-workers. You put the organization above self-interest.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others and manages well through ambiguity.
- Values truthful, direct (and compassionate!) feedback, even when it can feel uncomfortable.
What We’re Looking For in You
- 10+ years experience in media sales/strategic partnerships/influencer marketing with a track record of hitting aggressive sales targets and meeting goals.
- Experience crafting and executing successful strategic partnerships, influencer and ambassador programs and celebrity endorsement deals that have driven measurable business results, including earned media attention, buzz, and revenue.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and presentation skills; strong executive presence and ability to influence senior leaders.
- A strategic, data-driven leader, who can extract powerful insights to create high-impact strategies.
- A strong knowledge of culture, celebrity, influencer and marketing trends.
- A solid understanding of legal, content and FTC guidelines and restrictions.
- Project management expertise with the ability to develop, articulate and operationalize new partnerships and new programs cross functionally.
What We Offer
- Compensation: $165,000 to $185,000 annually plus company equity
- Generous benefits package including
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO, Sick Leave, 13 paid holidays
- 2 “Quiet Weeks” per year, Self Care Fridays monthly, Summer Fridays every Friday in the Summer
- A team committed to empowering parents in order to change the way this generation of children are raised.
- A culture that balances hard work, self care, and open and honest communication – we live the Good Inside principles in our workplace from how we lead the company, to how we support employees personal growth, to how we always see the good inside each other.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Good Inside is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented people. As much as we believe in focusing on the parent behind the parenting and the child behind the behavior, we believe in focusing on the person behind the job. We’re dedicated to building a workplace where we give each other the strategies, support, and space we each need to thrive—believing in and bringing out the good inside of everyone..
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.