At Gymshark, our mission is to Unite the Conditioning Community. We do this by bringing together the Gymshark family – whether it be through a love of conditioning, wearing our product, following our Athletes or viewing content across our various social platforms.
In October 2022, the 10th year of our existence, we opened our very first Retail Store – a Flagship on London’s prestigious Regent St.
Now Gymshark is coming in strong to 2024 with another permanent location to shop your fave ‘fits IRL… this time in Westfield, Stratford. And we’re hiring!
Our stores play a pivotal part in bringing Gymshark to life, in real life. Our community and customers are our ‘family’, so we treat them as such. We don’t care if they buy, browse, or just hang out. What matters is providing a safe space where everyone belongs and feels welcome.
The Team Lead at our Regent Street store is essential to the seamless running of the store. As a crucial role in the leadership team, you’ll be key in supporting the whole team to help bring Gymshark to life, in real life. You’ll build and connect a hyper-localised and fully engaged community in your market, treating them like family.
To thrive in this role, you must be passionate about the brand and our mission. You must inspire, guide and encourage the team to create a great experience for all who visit.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Represent the Gymshark culture and values, be a natural brand ambassador in everything you do and be passionate about the community and their experience of Gymshark
- Be responsible for supporting the overall day-to-day running and strategic execution of the store, while thinking about the “what’s next” and being present to the now
- Drive exceptional NPS results, protect customer retention, and never miss an opportunity to share app features for all customers to benefit from
- Lead and protect an exceptional customer experience, ensuring every member of our community is welcomed warmly, and greeted by an excited and inspiring brand ambassador
- Identify and share opportunities both within the store and the wider Gymshark business
- Support with the hiring, developing, and leading of a diverse and world class team that is as excited about Gymshark as we are. Our team, customer / community experiences and brand / product education matter to us, and they matter to you
- Support the management of your team, delivering training, creating learning opportunities and supporting everyone to be their best
- In the moment coaching and feedback to your team. Feedback matters
- Strive to achieve KPIs as demonstrated by the business, by motivating your team through passionate leadership and coaching
- Support the management of a smooth, unified commerce experience, striving to initiate and evolve an enhanced and unique customer experience
- Support stock management and movement, including audits, delivery and rapid replenishment we don’t miss an opportunity
- Maintain exceptional standards, with daily floor walks, checking team scheduling, monitoring supplies, and ensure daily operations are well managed and run smoothly
- Be a role model for brand, customer experience, product knowledge and operational best practice and be able to train the wider team
- Support Gymshark’s most important assets: our people, customers, and community. Ensure they and their environment are safe and sound at all times. Also have responsibility for physical assets such as building, stock and tech and ensure any losses are minimised and everything is running as it should
- Support the store management with the execution of store driven projects as and when needed
- Support, coach, and train others to grow personally and professionally, and at the same time secure your own learning and development. Nurture and grow your local network
- Do all of this whilst bringing fun and energy to your “work” every day
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience in a similar store retail role
- Experience managing teams, and passionate about your team and your own development
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, high volume, agile environment
- Highly effective communicator, written and verbal
- You are comfortable shifting gears and spinning multiple plates
- Must be able to take and give constructive feedback
- You do all of this whilst having fun, and ensuring others around you are too
- You can commit to working on weekends and bank holidays
VALUE DRIVEN BEHAVIOURS:
- BE HUMAN: Accessible, inclusive & humble
- GIVE A SHIT: Conscious, caring & proactive
- DO THE RIGHT THING: Honest, trustworthy & genuine
- FIND THE GYMSHARK WAY: Ambitious, agile & disruptive
- PUT FAMILY FIRST
In order to comply with PCI-DSS standards (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) which governs how we handle, store and access payment data, this position is subject to satisfactory results from necessary pre-employment checks, including a basic DBS check. This will be conducted at offer stage and covers unspent convictions only. In all cases we’ll always speak to you first and no offers will be automatically withdrawn.
BELONGING AT GYMSHARK.
Our mission is to be a place where everyone belongs. We’re an equal opportunities employer, and for us that means we always strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment, right from your application. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
At Gymshark we believe in the importance of investing in our employees through their physical, mental, and financial health along with being able to provide some fun and inclusive perks along the way.
🏖 33 days holidays (including Bank Holidays) + your birthday
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🏋️♀️ Contribution to a gym membership
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
💰 Bonus potential