AT A GLANCE
As the Director of Media Strategy, you will lead all efforts to maximize brand awareness, customer acquisition and engagement across all media channels for Optum Perks, RVO Health’s leading direct-to-consumer health + wellness brand. The Director will own strategic planning, execution, and optimization for all performance marketing (SEM and programmatic), social media and measurement, with focus on advancing RVO Health’s corporate narrative and ensuring consistency of messaging to stakeholder groups including consumers, influencers, and clients. The successful candidate will also be responsible for identifying new opportunities to deliver revenue and instilling data-driven production practices. This position will work closely with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to ensure campaigns will meet our primary growth objectives.
Where You’ll Be
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our Minneapolis office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
11000 Optum Cir Eden Prairie, MN 55344
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product and marketing partners to define go-to-market strategies for paid media and social media for Optum Perks products + services.
- Continually optimize media mix (funnel, channels, platforms) and audience targets to drive audience acquisition, as well as brand awareness and reputation.
- In partnership with public relations partners, develop and launch a robust consumer awareness strategy based on data and insight, effectively pitching Optum Perks stories to consumer media outlets (print, digital, broadcast).
- Accountable for establishing and meeting all performance marketing goals, including efficiency (CPA), effectiveness (customers acquired) and engagement (revenue).
- Use paid media insights & opportunities to collaborate cross-functionally with product, lifecycle, and site experience teams to improve yield beyond levers that can be pulled in media platforms.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in media planning and performance marketing, with strong understanding of ROAS through short and long-term measurement including last click and media mix models. Deep understanding of cross-channel performance marketing including search, social programmatic and display.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in analytics, showcasing a deep understanding of data analysis techniques and tools.
- Previous experience successfully delivering on performance goals, demonstrating a results-driven approach.
- Demonstrated capability in managing and adhering to budgets effectively.
- Strong ability to communicate with Senior Leadership, providing updates and insights on a weekly basis.
- Social Media campaign and lead generation experience with clear & established accountability metrics to assess effectiveness.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas, results and concepts to senior executives and internal teams.
- Strong writing and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities, project and team management experience.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM systems.
- Strong command of Google Workspace, particularly in creating and managing data in Spreadsheets and crafting presentations in Slides.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $135,000 – $160,000 (plus bonus)
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Access to a Free Udemy for Business subscription—thousands of hours of learning content on hundreds of different subjects at your fingertips
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time.