AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is building a suite of integrated products that enable data-driven, digital experiences for our users, brands, and partners. You will work with modern technologies on the #1 Health Information Site. You will enable 100+ million users a month to live healthier lives.
Our teams build applications that can hold up to our business’s scale & growth. Our engineers work collaboratively with product and business leaders to come up with innovative solutions to grow the business. We love to build high-quality software and believe there is real value in developing software to be easily understood, maintained, and extended. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects directly impacting the evolution of our business. You will be able to apply your programming skills toward building highly performant web experiences and integrating with high throughput transactional services. We explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for demanding business needs.
Where You’ll Be
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our South Charlotte office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
1101 Red Ventures Dr Fort Mill, SC 29707
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product and IT stakeholders to build an understanding of systems or RESTful APIs involved in integrations
- Demonstrate a strong interest in application architecture and solution design
- Recommend complex integrated solutions that fulfill business requirements and align with technology roadmaps
- Design and develop product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Contribute to defining technical roadmaps; identify technical improvement and refactoring opportunities
- Ensure that all delivered solutions adhere to industry best practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, availability, extensibility, security, and portability
- Work with geographically distributed Agile teams
- Work with product owners, product managers, and other stakeholders to groom & solution features
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for features, user stories, and tasks
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Participate in code reviews and adhere to best practices
- Be aware of current security trends, tools, and requirements
- Provide input to planning activities
- Participate in rotational on-call schedules as needed
- Work outside of standard office hours as needed and, on occasion, support night-time releases
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with functional programming languages such as Scala.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with functional programming or object oriented programming languages such as Java and modern back-end development frameworks, such as Play, Spring
- 5+ years of experience with RESTful APIs and microservices
- 3+ years of working experience with CI/CD pipelines
- 1+ years of experience with relational databases
- Software implementation and integration experience
- Working knowledge of or experience with Agile development lifecycle
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $118,650 – $168,088*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Access to a Free Udemy for Business subscription—thousands of hours of learning content on hundreds of different subjects at your fingertips
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
This position may occasionally require travel for training and other work-related duties.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
We do not provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time.