AT A GLANCE
We are seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our growing Health team! This role will be tightly integrated with the various technical, cross-functional teams within Health and will help us coordinate, communicate and prioritize the various team wide projects and initiatives. This is a highly visible role – offering unique opportunities to interact with many teams throughout the organization, ideal for someone who wants to have a big impact in a fast-growing company.
Where You’ll Be
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our Minneapolis office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
11000 Optum Cir
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
What You’ll Do
- Coach cross-functional teams (engineering, creative, product and project managers) toward high performance through agile concepts, engineering excellence and value-driven product mindset.
- Work with engineering teams and partners to understand the business requirements and translate these requirements into technical/functional specifications.
- Guide cross-functional tech teams to discover and adopt processes that support meeting aggressive delivery goals.
- Assertively hold all parties accountable to strategic goals.
- Work with our Directors of Engineering, Engineering Managers, and teams to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make trade-offs; encourage smart risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
- Put systems in place to enable the teams to be self-sufficient with things such as JIRA boards, dashboards, reports etc.
- Lead cross-functional team meetings between technical and non-technical teams to follow up, prioritize work, and track dependencies..
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders and provide updates.
- Roadmap and prioritize with engineering teams to determine strategic priority projects.
- Assist leading scrum ceremonies (stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.)
- Remove impediments and manage dependencies across teams
What We’re Looking For
- At least 3-5 years experience leading large, cross-functional technical software Agile projects
- Possess a thorough understanding of technical implementation processes (design, configuration, testing, and deployment)
- Demonstrate maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, as well as a development driver, and thought leader.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a time sensitive environment
- Proactive problem solving skills and ability to identify yellow and red flags quickly
- Exhibit excellent oral and communication skills
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
- Experience with agile teams, specifically scrum and kanban, as well as some agile coaching experience.
- Strong relationship building skills
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $100,000 – $140,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We will use the remainder of 2022 to separate from Red Ventures and fully transition into the new entity. We will communicate fully and transparently along the way, honoring the culture, people, processes and spirit that got us to this point.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
We do not provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time.