Who are we?
Kodiak is one of the fastest growing food companies that is disrupting the industry with its better-for-you breakfast and snacking options. Our journey with food began by restoring the tradition of whole grain flapjacks and adding some protein to fuel folks’ adventures. In the process, we discovered that foods made closer to nature are not only fueling but taste better. So, we set out to inspire wilder, wide-open lives by feeding epic days through real breakfasts. That’s one of the reasons we’re in the scenic Rocky Mountains of Park City, Utah: to live our purpose and be close to nature.
Our mission is to become the most loved, next generation food brand, and we’re well on our way. We craft the best-selling whole grain flapjack mix in the nation along with toaster waffles, baking mixes, oatmeal, syrup, and snacking options at all major retailers. We’re expanding rapidly as our business continues to grow year-after-year and need to build our team with people that share our passion for the outdoors, bring industry experience, thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, and want to make an impact in the food space. We believe that eating real, good-for-you food, being active outdoors, and preserving nature will restore balance generations before us worked so hard to forge. We embrace the spirit of the Kodiak – a pristine wilderness with a rich ecosystem – and we rely on that spirit of the Kodiak to inspire the work we do, the food we eat, and the way we play.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Job Location: Kodiak HQ: Park City, Utah
What will this position do?
Reporting to the COO, the Logistics Planning Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations across our 3rd Party Transporation and Distribution network. The role will drive best in class performance of our suppliers by measuring and tracking critical KPI’s and the role will closely collaborate with our suppliers and our internal team members to drive continuous improvement and optimization across our Freight and Warehousing Network.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute the company’s warehouse and transportation strategy, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of 3rd party dry and frozen distribution facilities, optimizing efficiency and performance.
- Manage the transportation network, including brokers and other 3rd party partners, to maintain seamless logistics operations.
- Monitor and report key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess and enhance the performance of transportation and warehouse partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including supply planning, inventory solutions, customer service, and procurement, to ensure a synchronized supply chain.
- Support the execution of inter-network transportation moves, optimizing the flow of raw materials, packaging, and finished goods.
- Act as the primary point of escalation and lead efforts to resolve performance or service-related issues across the logistics network.
- Identify and execute cost-saving initiatives annually while maintaining budget adherence in partnership with Procurement.
- Evaluate transportation management systems (TMS) and leverage tools such as Microsoft Office, NetSuite, and PowerBI for enhanced logistics operations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, seeking opportunities to gain efficiency in transportation and warehousing operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- 7+ years of experience in logistics management and transportation is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline
- Strong accountability and self-starter
- Ability to thrive in a busy, deadline driven environment with changing priorities
- Cost management (responsible for identifying and executing cost savings initiatives annually)
- Prior experience with transportation management systems
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), NetSuite, PowerBI
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in our headquarters near the ski slopes and mountain trails of Park City, Utah. We have a hybrid in office schedule. We offer competitive compensation and benefits that include:
- Health/vision/dental plans
- 401k match
- Relocation assistance
- Annual performance bonus
- A company fleet of snowboards and other equipment
- Active lifestyle allowance
- Therapy Benefit
- All-you-can-eat flapjacks
- Flexible vacation
- Early-out Fridays
- Parental leave
- Casual dress code
- A variety of other Kodiak-unique perks
Recognized by Inc and Utah as one of America’s best places to work, we are known for our awesome work environment – a fun and authentic place where wins are celebrated, collaboration is king, work is balanced with life, and every individual makes a deep impact. We proactively search for ways to develop each individual along their career path here at Kodiak and beyond. We‘re inspired and committed to creating natural, authentic food with superior taste to fuel a healthy, active lifestyle. We feel encouraged by some of the trends in food today and believe that with a concerted effort we can make an enormous impact in building momentum for natural, better-for-you foods. We invite you to apply to join our team and leave your legacy on the future of food.
At Kodiak, we foster a truly inclusive community that encourages, supports, and celebrates what makes each of us unique. We bring our full authentic selves to work and leverage our diverse backgrounds and perspectives to create a culture of belonging that feeds epic days & wilder lives.