WE’RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins and probiotics. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can’t have happy without healthy. And isn’t true happiness where it’s at? So we’ve made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We’re super passionate about the work that we do and we’re on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you’ll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two – in 2019 we joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we’re headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health-minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
You are welcome at OLLY for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what healthy means to you. Our products are for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and shine. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find our inspiration to help people be happy from the inside out.
THE ROLE: VP MARKETING
Reporting to the CRO, the VP Marketing will serve as a key member of the Brand Impact Group Leadership Team (BIG LT) by building effective multi-year marketing plans that deliver on brand aspirations and business objectives. They are a marketing strategist, brand steward and creative visionary and lead a growing ten-person team of channel experts, CX professionals and marketing generalists. This role is the architect of OLLY’s brand expression and implements cohesive, disruptive and integrated marketing campaigns across all key disciplines. This role partners closely with the eCom team on creating best-in-class digital marketing strategies, with the Brand Strategy team on optimizing for both short and long-term growth and the internal Creative team to deliver break-through and resonate campaigns.
- Lead the Marketing Team (Integrated Marketing Strategy, Social, PR, Influencer, Growth Marketing, Consumer Experience, Partnerships, etc), developing talent, creating and optimizing processes and building the organizational infrastructure to support a $1B brand
- Partner with the BIG LT to create and deliver against OKRs, including managing against revenue and profit targets while cultivating an inclusive environment reflective of our company values
- Manage marketing strategy across channels – develop, evolve, implement and analyze an integrated marketing strategy and plan to drive the business and result in trial, repeat and loyalty
- Partner with Brand Strategy to co-create effective learning agendas that mitigate risk and unlock growth opportunities
- Optimize in-market performance of marketing campaigns by leveraging data and insights, progress vs. KPIs and evolving business needs to deliver on growth
- Create web-based consumer influence, including management of the Consumer Experience Team to identify trends and build consumer advocacy
- Develop and manage an annual budget including analyzing performance of campaigns in real-time and shifting funds into higher performing tactics to meeting marketing contribution expectations
- Partner with the VP Creative to create cohesive, break-through campaigns that translate effectively across channels, meeting ROAS targets and other KPIs
- Participate in the culture to make life at Camp OLLY better for all of us!
The ideal candidate is a passionate marketing strategist with 15+ years of expanding scope and responsibility with a proven track record of leading high performing teams and has demonstrated wins across all key marketing communication mediums – Media, Social, Influencer, PR, and more. This candidate must have experience creating breakthrough integrated marketing campaigns in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
- 15-20 years of total Marketing experience; including experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (consumables)
- Extensive experience across key marketing mediums – Media, Social, Influencer and PR, leading a team to deliver break-through, integrated 360 campaigns
- A passion for challenging the status quo and the ability to create the processes, tools and infrastructure to build a $1B brand
- A data-driven marketing strategist with the ability to translate insights (e.g. MMM results) into effect plants to deliver on business objectives (both short & long-term)
- An ability to build consensus across teams with a passion for problem-solving, collaboration, digging into the details and rolling up sleeves to make things happen
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and accountability, managing multiple high priority initiatives to successful outcomes in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with non-traditional consumer marketing challenges (guerilla, influencers, cause, event, online, direct response)
- Web based consumer marketing expertise and experience working with DTC platforms
- An inclusive leader with strong communication skills, a passion for team development and a high degree of comfort in giving and receiving constructive feedback
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Initial video screen with a member of our Talent team
- Round 1: Conversation with the Hiring Manager + 1-2 conversations with other Ollies on the team
- Round 2: 2-3 conversations with team or cross functional Ollies
- Final Round: Homework*
*At OLLY, our final round is called Homework. Candidates who participate in this round are given 3 questions in advance to answer and present to the interview panel they previously spoke with in the process. We understand every candidate is different. If you need a reasonable accommodation to adjust this procedure, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can evaluate and provide other options that work for your needs
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA – Hybrid schedule. Relocation support will be provided for out-of-area candidates.
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
MANAGER: Chief Revenue Officer
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The pay range for this position is $215,000 – $265,000 dependent on experience and location.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An opportunity to work with an intelligent, inspiring, and extraordinarily fun team
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only, dental + ortho, and vision insurance
- 4 weeks PTO + paid holidays + 12 Mental Health Days per year
- 100% Paid parental leave, Fertility + Adoption Benefits
- Annual Bonus
- 401(k) plan with Employer Match
- Hybrid Work + Wellness + Cell Phone Stipends
- Free product
- And much more!