WE’RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins and probiotics. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can’t have happy without healthy. And isn’t true happiness where it’s at? So we’ve made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We’re super passionate about the work that we do and we’re on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you’ll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two – in 2019 we joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we’re headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health-minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
You are welcome at OLLY for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what healthy means to you. Our products are for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and shine. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find our inspiration to help people be happy from the inside out.
WHO ARE WE?
We are the Health and Wellbeing Collective, an exciting new Global Business Unit within Unilever built with a start-up mindset. In North America these include OLLY, Liquid I.V., SmartyPants, Welly, Onnit and Nutrafol. Each of these companies has a fantastic variety of benefit-led products, with strong innovation and growth potential. Our mission, with our science-backed and disruptive portfolio, is to improve the health and wellbeing of millions of consumers and become a leading Health and Wellness organization.
As part of the Health & Wellbeing Collective, we are building an operational platform to support companies in the Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements (VMS) space called the VMS Co-Op. The VMS Co-Op will host OLLY and SmartyPants and will grow to include other VMS companies and future acquisitions as well.
OLLY is a fast-growing San Francisco based company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins, probiotics and supplements to help you be you. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can’t have happy without healthy. And isn’t true happiness where it’s at? So we’ve made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA.
SmartyPants is a dynamic and fast-growing Los Angeles based supplement company focused on providing premium all-in-one vitamins for the entire family. From the start, SmartyPants has been about family, authenticity and a core commitment to our collective well-being. SmartyPants believes in making it easier to stay healthy by providing best-in-class products that also taste great. We’re industry leaders in testing, transparency and advocacy, from sourcing the highest-quality ingredients to testing and packaging.
The VMS Co-Op works in an agile and entrepreneurial way, collaboratively within the team and with our Health & Wellbeing colleagues. We work together to look at the big picture strategically as well as roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty. We’re super passionate about the work that we do and we’re on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to add to our unique culture and join our ambitious team.
Reporting to the Quality Compliance Manager, the Certification Compliance Specialist will maintain the VMS Co-Op compliance systems to assure the continued conformity of compliance with established regulatory and quality requirements with a focus on certification management and testing data analysis. In this role you will demonstrate the behaviors of thoroughness, results orientation, adaptability, tenacity, and initiative. You will be responsible for keeping up to date with SOPs and current industry and regulatory guidelines and regulations.
- Certify products and maintain active certifications with various 3rd party certification bodies and retailer registrations for USDA Organic, Non-GMO, NSF, CVS, Whole Foods, etc.
- Implement and monitor COA confirmation testing and reduced testing program
- Compile and analyze testing data to support product specification compliance and label claims
- Provide regulatory and compliance support for new product development and current commercially marketed products: Create and maintain product regulatory dossiers/database to ensure all claims for labels, websites, sales/marketing materials are adequately substantiated, approved, controlled, and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Review Marketing materials and other GMP documentation for Regulatory compliance
- Ensure all ingredients meet regulatory requirements and are approved for use in commercial production
- Stay up-to-date with changes to certification requirements and regulations, where applicable
- Research regulations and guidelines to provide effective regulatory assessment of proposed changes to products and claims
- Create and update SOP’s and forms, as required to maintain compliance
- Initiate continuous improvement projects to drive efficiencies and improve quality and compliance
- Inform other departments on new regulatory developments in a timely manner
- Perform regulatory vigilance to ensure any regulatory changes applicable to VMS current products/claims are evaluated and if required, implemented
- Compose cover letters and summaries, assemble/format submissions, for external regulatory requests/requirements as necessary
- Generate and report metrics related to certification status and quality control performance
- Provide support during internal and external audits, as needed
- Ad hoc duties as needed to support the team and projects
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
- 3-5 years of regulatory and/or compliance experience in an FDA-regulated industry, dietary supplement experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific Discipline such as Chemistry, Nutrition Science, Biology, etc.
- Must have working knowledge and be current with cGMP’s and regulations
- Experience with certification management is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments with a focus on internal and external customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail including excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work collaboratively in diverse teams and peer relationships
- Must have advanced working knowledge of standard business software packages (Microsoft), including database management skills with ability to produce detailed reports
- Consistently demonstrates professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Initial video screen with a member of our Talent team
- Round 1: Conversation with the Hiring Manager + 1-2 conversations with other Ollies on the team
- Round 2: 2-3 conversations with team or cross functional Ollies
- Final Round: Homework*
*At OLLY, our final round is called Homework. Candidates who participate in this round are given 3 questions in advance to answer and present to the interview panel they previously spoke with in the process. We understand every candidate is different. If you need a reasonable accommodation to adjust this procedure, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can evaluate and provide other options that work for your needs
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
MANAGER: Quality Compliance Manager
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The pay range for this position is $85,000-$105,000 dependent on experience and location.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An opportunity to work with an intelligent, inspiring, and extraordinarily fun team
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only, dental + ortho, and vision insurance
- 4 weeks PTO + paid holidays + 12 Mental Health Days per year
- 100% Paid parental leave, Fertility + Adoption Benefits
- Annual Bonus
- 401(k) plan with Employer Match
- Hybrid Work + Wellness + Cell Phone Stipends
- Free product
- And much more!