AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is looking for a Content Designer to join our growing team. The right candidate for this role will be highly-organized, collaborative, and always striving for clarity. You will need experience that brings together copywriting and information architecture with strong familiarity of user-centered design processes. You won’t go at it alone—you’ll work in close partnership with a cross-disciplinary team of designers, writers, engineers, product managers, and UX researchers within a broader design organization.
Where You’ll Be
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our Atlanta office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
271 17th Street, NW Atlanta, GA 30363
What You’ll Do
- Actively works with an eye to the requirements of future projects, and looks to find efficiency through shared content, components and patterns
- Comfortable in larger, more complex problem spaces. Able to simplify complexity both on their own and when explaining to others
- Regularly interfaces with users, and actively advocates for them as part of the design process
- Understands how the business works and the goals of their team. Is able to relate that to their own work
- Iterates on and develops their own process, as well as being conscious of how to manage their day and week. Confident in talking about and teaching standard processes.
- Has a deep understanding of both the business and product context as well as the user. Extends and improves documented tone and style guides while developing copy for medium-to-large projects. Is well versed in trends in technical writing and UX copy best practices.
- Has experience writing effective copy across several formats including, email, banners, landing pages, social media, video, and more. Has a basic understanding of how to write for SEO
- Aware of the top-level business data, and uses it to contextualize their work. Works with analysts to answer their data questions
- Able to understand and build on the perspectives of others
- Able to be objective in evaluating their own work and comfortable and accepting of new contexts and roles
- Takes initiative. Excited to learn new things to solve problems
- Communicates with adjacent teams, and has shown ability to articulate more than their own thinking and point of view
- Able to articulate why the brand or product exists, where it’s going and how to get there on a high level. Has been involved in future-thinking projects, and contributed to efforts to bring the results to life
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of UX copywriting, marketing or digital strategy experience across various platforms (web, mobile, apps, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong portfolio of work samples that illustrate your work and original approaches
- Experience using virtual collaboration and design tools such as Figma and Miro
- Versed in working closely with product and publishing teams, using collaborative, agile, and Design Thinking approaches
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $61,875 – $82,500
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Access to a Free Udemy for Business subscription—thousands of hours of learning content on hundreds of different subjects at your fingertips
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
We do not provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time.