AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is seeking a UX Researcher with a passion to drive deeper understandings of our audiences as we scale our fast-moving media and product platform. The platform encompasses a global media property in Healthline, condition-specific communities in Bezzy, and the world-class ability to connect people to care providers through Healthgrades.
This role will be a leading contributor within highly collaborative product teams consisting of product managers, product designers, content strategists, and front-end engineers. The ideal candidate brings expertise in advanced research methods and design processes with a passion for health, wellness, and helping others live stronger and healthier lives. Technical research literacy is critical as you will be responsible for communicating research findings to help product teams recognize opportunities that move the business forward.
Where You’ll Be
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our Minneapolis office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
11000 Optum Cir Eden Prairie, MN 55344
What You’ll Do
- Interpret business goals to inform advanced research and testing strategies
- Plan and conduct consumer research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle; from discovery, prototype validations, all the way to usability tests on the final product
- Collect, analyze, and synthesis data to provide meaningful insights to our product development team
- Present learnings and design recommendations from research methods in a digestible manner to internal teams
- Apply knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process in an iterative development environment
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders, product designers, and content strategists
- Mentor junior researchers so they may support their businesses
- Help grow the UX Research team by establishing processes and adding to our research repository
What We’re Looking For
- Portfolio of work as a research practitioner on large end-to-end projects, demonstrating craft: from screener and test plan creation, to moderation/facilitation, and storytelling to socialize results and recommendations
- 3+ years of experience in the field
- Experience with advanced research strategies and tactics with the ability to execute at any given time (ex. ethnographic field studies, concept testing, A/B testing, usability testing, diary studies, customer feedback, card sorting, tree sorts, focus groups, interviews, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, etc.)
- Advanced experience with tools to support data collection such as Qualtrics, SurveyMoney, UserTesting.com, etc.
- Understanding of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements and digital accessibility requirements
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and major trends in the industry.
- Diverse number of complex end-to-end research projects under your belt with numerous evaluative research projects.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert presentation skills.
- Comfort in working quickly and autonomously in your research activities.
- Problem solving, collaboration, curiosity, open-mindedness.
- Experience with collaboration/wireframing tools (ex. Miro, Sketch, Figma).
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $78,000 – $118,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not offer sponsorship for this role at this time.