InStride Health is transforming pediatric mental healthcare. Our mission is to provide desperately needed, insurance-based access to virtual treatment that works for kids and teens with mod/severe anxiety & OCD. Through this mission, we are expanding access to care, increasing engagement in treatment, and improving treatment outcomes. We are doing this by combining research-backed clinical care and innovative technology to eliminate the major problems with care today: difficulty finding providers, months of waiting to be seen, arduous onboarding processes, and inconsistent use of evidence based therapies and outcomes tracking.
Team InStride Health: Our Core Values
- Give Heart: We lead with heart, treating patients and their families the way we want our loved ones to be treated.
- Work Smart: We find smarter ways to solve hard problems and fix the broken mental health system by leveraging technology, diversity of thought, and innovation.
- Have Humility: We leave our egos at the door, empowering our team to collaborate, celebrate diversity, and adopt a growth mindset.
- Embrace Community: We all belong. We are in this together, and we never worry alone. We believe in each other and recognize that every voice matters.
About the Role
InStride Health is embarking on an exciting period of rapid growth. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to lead our efforts in establishing and expanding partnerships with healthcare providers. As a Business Development Managers, you will play a critical role in driving the growth of our referral network, fostering relationships with healthcare professionals, and ensuring the seamless flow of patient referrals. The ideal candidate is a visionary leader with a strong background in business development, healthcare dynamics, and relationship management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of InStride’s services to successfully be able to represent InStride’s value proposition to a variety of stakeholders in the market
- Develop and grow meaningful referral relationships with stakeholders across your assigned markets: executives from large hospital systems and healthcare practices, program leaders, referral coordinators, and influential clinicians
- Maintain a regular servicing schedule for existing referral partners to ensure partner success and thereby remain a trusted referral partner
- Use creativity to locate new and exciting referral channels to help provide access to treatment
- Partner with your Marketing Team to ensure campaigns and events are properly marketed and see the expected intake growth upon campaign or event
- Attend presentations, local & regional conferences, and events to increase community awareness for InStride and when necessary, bring in your clinical and operational experts to support you
- Work closely with clinical leaders, operations teams, and growth teams to develop regional strategies for driving relationship performance and scheduled intake goals
- Meet targets for your defined region. Proactively communicate how goals are tracking against those targets.
- Organize and maintain detailed records in InStride CRM and sales management tools
- Review prospect activity, anticipate customer needs and partner with Product, Engineering and Client Success to provide customer feedback and improve InStride’s solutions
What You Need to Succeed in the Role
- 7-10+ years of (any combination of) healthcare outreach, sales/marketing, healthcare operations or general healthcare related field experience
- Deep understanding of providers, particularly large health systems, medium/large size PCP/pediatrician practices, and/or POs of affiliated PCP/pediatricians
- Based in New England (ideally Massachusetts) with prior experience in market, fostering deep relationships in the region
- You’ve got a proven track record of successful relationship building and territory/sales growth
- Ability to leverage existing team/resources successfully. You take a quarterback approach to growing your markets, getting other InStride SMEs involved as needed
- Ability to analyze local community KPIs
- Ability to articulate InStride’s vision, mission and strategy
- Experience selling a product in a dynamic growth-oriented environment (we need people who are quick on their feet without all the answers)
- Excellent communication, organization, and business development skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze market trends and create innovative referral development strategies
- Proficiency in CRM software, data analytics, and market research tools
- Willingness to travel as needed, based on the needs of your partnerships
Why Join Our Team
- Generous benefits package (401k with match, Flexible PTO, paid holidays, 4 week paid sabbatical, 12 week paid parental leave, health benefits starting on your first day, and more)
- Ground floor entry into a company that is changing the landscape of pediatric mental health treatment
- Ability to help thousands of children and families get the care they need
- Excellent compensation for doing what you love
- Opportunity to work with talented and highly experienced team members who have devoted their lives to solving this problem
- Fully virtual: work from the comfort of your home with periodic in-person retreats
- Opportunity for growth within the company
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging
One of the core values we are passionate about in InStride is building an inclusive and equitable environment where we celebrate all identities. We strongly believe that every member on our team enriches our InStride family; the individual voices help us provide better care for families. Therefore, we invite you to share any additional information about yourself or your experiences that may not be reflected in your CV. Inclusion of this information is completely voluntary.