AT A GLANCE
Are you passionate about improving consumer access to health and wellness information? RVO Health is the world’s largest and fastest-growing digital health platform with over 1400 employees. We have an opportunity for a skilled privacy lawyer to join a dynamic, cutting-edge, and collaborative legal team. Experience in the consumer-facing digital health space, healthcare technology industry, and/or ad-tech is a plus. In this role you will be a key member of our legal team devoted to supporting our enterprise privacy initiatives and promoting privacy compliance across all business lines.
Where You’ll Be:
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our New York office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
Address: 250 Park Avenue South, 6th FL New York, NY 10003
What You’ll Do
- Provide privacy guidance to all business lines related to healthcare technology, digital advertising, marketing, digital media, and publishing.
- Support an expanding, comprehensive consumer healthcare platform.
- Ensure compliance with global, federal, and state privacy, data protection and healthcare laws, such as HIPAA, CCPA, CPRA and the FTC’s HBNR.
- Support our internal privacy management platform.
- Conduct enterprise privacy training related to company privacy policies and relevant data protection laws and regulations.
- Work with enterprise teams to incorporate privacy-by-design in product development and enhancement.
- Monitor developments in global, federal, and state privacy laws and data protection regulations and assess their applicability to company products and services.
- Assist with incident response and investigations.
What We’re Looking For
- RVO Health is building a legal team of mission-driven lawyers who excel at collaboration, possess an exceptional ability to distill complex areas of the law into advice that is digestible and actionable by our business clients, who are solution oriented and focused on partnering with our clients to facilitate business objectives. You must be egoless, value collaboration, and be ready to put in the hard work to accomplish whatever the job demands.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school and member of the bar of a U.S. jurisdiction.
- 7+ years of legal experience.
- Subject matter expert on global, federal, and state privacy and data protection laws, such as CCPA/CPRA and other state privacy laws, GDPR, HBNR, and HIPAA.
- In-house experience in healthcare technology, digital advertising/marketing, or in the consumer-facing digital health space is a plus.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and navigate amid uncertainty with a can-do, problem-solving attitude is a must! We are not the legal team of “no.” Instead, we are equal parts risk identifiers and problem solvers. And, if you can liven up your legal advice with some humor, that is a plus (and always encouraged).
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $180,000 – $210,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.