AT A GLANCE
We are looking to hire a Data Scientist to join our RVO Health data science team. We are building an industry leading healthcare platform that will integrate the consumer health journey and help consumers access the right information, care, products, and services at the right time, bringing differentiated value to the lives of millions of people. We are a new joint venture formed via a partnership between Red Ventures, one of the world’s premier digital and consumer analytics companies, and UnitedHealth Group, one of the largest healthcare providers in the world. We’re developing applications that will impact how we produce media, personalize our site experience, scale our teammates’ reach, and provide our services to every consumer. We’re a growing team made up of a mix of data scientists, machine learning engineers, analytics engineers, data engineers, and product managers. We welcome candidates from different backgrounds and believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams.
Where You’ll Be
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our Minneapolis office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
11000 Optum Cir Eden Prairie, MN 55344
What You’ll Do
- Research the state of the art of machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization technologies, and their applications in digital marketing, digital media, and e-commerce.
- Create innovative data science solutions to create value for consumers and business by advancing technology ideas into proofs of concept.
- Initiate and lead the execution of data science research and product development often with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams. Collaborate with stakeholders to drive decisions.
- Act as an effective technical liaison to the business leaders. Work effectively across business, creative, and engineering groups to build a positive culture.
- Mentor and/or manage junior members on the team and internally serve as a subject matter expert. Contribute to the cross-organization technology strategy and roadmap for data science.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment where team members feel comfortable and empowered.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of professional experience in a data science role with an MS or PhD in STEM with a focus in ML, statistical modeling, or optimization.
- Our core problems to solve are:
- Recommender systems – represent a large user and item space in a way to efficiently retrieve and rank personalized recommendations to our users.
- Content and product tagging – help create a flexible and automated tagging system that will empower our business stakeholders to achieve their objectives
- Search architecture – help architect a vector database infrastructure that will power site search functionality, ambient recommendations, and store capabilities.
- Ability to own key deliverables and use problem solving to deliver projects on time and iterate when justified by potential, incremental value.
- Entrepreneur mindset with strong business acumen and capability of coming up with creative ideas to generate value for consumers and business with a proven track record of advancing research ideas into production.
- Proficiency in one or multiple literate statistical programming languages like R, Python, or Scala. Our machine learning team primarily builds production algorithms in python, but we are open to candidates with different backgrounds.
- Experience leveraging technical expertise to identify the feasibility of potential machine learning projects, ensuring the team is delivering value on feasible projects.
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $94,400 – $120,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Access to a Free Udemy for Business subscription—thousands of hours of learning content on hundreds of different subjects at your fingertips
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.