AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is looking for a savvy associate editor with an interest in editing content about chronic health conditions and life stages to join a new content team. The associate editor will assist the editorial team with editing and publishing content across health topics, such as type 2 diabetes and heart health.
The associate editor will support the editorial team in managing the creation of engaging, evidenced-based content that helps our readers live stronger, healthier lives.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in health content, a knowledge of basic editorial and journalistic best practices, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and strong time management skills.
What You’ll Do
As associate editor, you will support the editorial team in editing articles on tight deadlines, following a style guide, and working within a content management system (CMS) and other editorial tools.
- Support the editorial team with all aspects of content development and assist with writing, research, and editing help as needed
- Help maintain and update content trackers and process documentation
- Collaborate with teammates, medical reviewers, copy editors, and freelancers to produce high quality health content
- Become an expert in RVO Health style, processes, and cross-team functionality
- Consistently meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload
- Become familiar with editorial tools, such as our CMS and team trackers, and use them to drive results
- Learn how other teams work to bring content to life
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or research related field
- Understanding of AP style or other style books
- Knowledge of basic editorial and journalistic best practices
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Interest or experience editing content about health conditions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload
- Attention to detail, with a critical-thinking and problem-solving mindset
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude who works well independently and collaboratively with others.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Preferred but not required: Experience with WordPress, SEO best practices, G-Suite, and Asana.
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $45,000 – $70,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
We do not provide visa sponsorship at this time.