Who are we?
Kodiak is one of the fastest growing food companies that is disrupting the industry with its better-for-you breakfast and snacking options. Our journey with food began by restoring the tradition of whole grain flapjacks and adding some protein to fuel folks’ adventures. In the process, we discovered that foods made closer to nature are not only fueling but taste better. So, we set out to inspire wilder, wide-open lives by feeding epic days through real breakfasts. That’s one of the reasons we’re in the scenic Rocky Mountains of Park City, Utah: to live our purpose and be close to nature.
Our mission is to become the most loved, next generation food brand, and we’re well on our way. We craft the best-selling whole grain flapjack mix in the nation along with toaster waffles, baking mixes, oatmeal, syrup, and snacking options at all major retailers. We’re expanding rapidly as our business continues to grow year-after-year and need to build our team with people that share our passion for the outdoors, bring industry experience, thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, and want to make an impact in the food space. We believe that eating real, good-for-you food, being active outdoors, and preserving nature will restore balance generations before us worked so hard to forge. We embrace the spirit of the Kodiak – a pristine wilderness with a rich ecosystem – and we rely on that spirit of the Kodiak to inspire the work we do, the food we eat, and the way we play.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Job Location: Kodiak HQ: Park City, Utah
What will this position do?
The Senior Brand Manager’s primary responsibly is to develop and implement strategies to drive growth for the Kodiak brand. The position will manage a portion of the Kodiak portfolio and will be proactively finding ways to both grow the core and innovate within those categories. The Senior Brand Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Brand Management and will work hand in hand to shape the future of the portfolio.
- Manage brand strategy, segmentation, targeting and brand positioning for two of our largest categories
- Own the category P&Ls
- Data and analytics to inform strategic decisions
- Performance tracking/reporting on existing categories
- Manage a large marketing budget, including the development of strategy, objectives, and KPIs
- Ad-hoc data analysis and reporting
- Support in forecasting and demand planning
- Provide tactical input and develop recommendations on all strategies across the 4Ps
- Lead cross-functional margin improvement plans across product portfolio
- Partner with consumer insights and quality to identify product improvement needs, lead the feedback throughout the product improvement process, and analyze the product improvement impacts
- Work with the insights and analytics teams to build custom quantitative and qualitative research on multiple topics including, but not limited to, shopper insights, product testing, innovation insights, campaign optimization, business unit strategy, brand health, etc
- Work cross-functionally to launch marketing campaigns that grow household penetration and increase brand awareness, track effectiveness and report on the campaigns
- Ensure that all marketing content on assigned categories is on-brand and delivering against campaign objectives
- Utilize NPS data to increase long term brand health and product repeat rates
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a strategic thinker who can take ownership of a big business. They will own the strategy and direction for their categories, using data and insights to drive their decisions, and will play a big part in bringing Kodiak into new household across America. This person will ideally have potential to lead and/or mentor more junior brand managers in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- 3+ years of work experience with an MBA/ 6+ years of experience without an MBA in a related field (direct CPG experience strongly preferred)
- Outstanding analytical ability, with the ability to take large data sets and identify trends, draw conclusions, and create data driven recommendations
- Storyteller who can communicate to others in a compelling and engaging manner
- Strategic thinker who can come up with creative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team
- Passion for innovation and finding new ways to grow
- Strong bias for action, comfort with ambiguity, and ability handle complexity
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in our headquarters near the ski slopes and mountain trails of Park City, Utah. We have a hybrid schedule. We offer competitive compensation and benefits that include:
- Health/vision/dental plans
- 401k match
- Relocation assistance
- Annual performance bonus
- A company fleet of snowboards and other equipment
- Active lifestyle allowance
- Therapy Benefit
- All-you-can-eat flapjacks
- Flexible vacation
- Early-out Fridays
- Parental leave
- Casual dress code
- A variety of other Kodiak-unique perks
Recognized by Inc and Utah as one of America’s best places to work, we are known for our awesome work environment – a fun and authentic place where wins are celebrated, collaboration is king, work is balanced with life, and every individual makes a deep impact. We proactively search for ways to develop each individual along their career path here at Kodiak and beyond. We‘re inspired and committed to creating natural, authentic food with superior taste to fuel a healthy, active lifestyle. We feel encouraged by some of the trends in food today and believe that with a concerted effort we can make an enormous impact in building momentum for natural, better-for-you foods. We invite you to apply to join our team and leave your legacy on the future of food.
At Kodiak, we foster a truly inclusive community that encourages, supports, and celebrates what makes each of us unique. We bring our full authentic selves to work and leverage our diverse backgrounds and perspectives to create a culture of belonging that feeds epic days & wilder lives.