Thrive is a leading behavior change technology company founded by Arianna Huffington in 2016 with the mission to end the stress and burnout epidemic. Thrive has spent over five years cracking the code on habit formation and behavior change, delivering its solutions to customers on a best-in-class B2B SaaS platform made up of science-backed Microsteps, real-time stress interventions, storytelling, and community. The company has deployed this continuous, real-time behavior change experience across its customer base, helping employees at over 125 organizations in more than 140 countries improve well-being, mental resilience and productivity.
As the VP of Sales, you will have the responsibility for leading the North American sales team to meet and exceed their sales goals. Key duties include consistent hiring and development of the sales team, creating and executing sales strategies for different market segments, and working cross functionally across Thrive to support sales members and sales goals.
Who You Are
- A storyteller who can turn complex ideas into simple, visually impactful narratives.
- An individual who is maniacally curious towards the customer, the persona we are selling too, the solution and its benefits.
- A leader with exceptional passion whom inspires and motivates their teams and candidates.
- Someone who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet goals and client expectations.
- A person of empathy for customers business issues but also their account teams.
- A self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and isn’t afraid to experiment but fail quickly.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and has high energy to get work done.
- Someone with a passion for changing the way people work and live with demonstrated interest in topics like well-being, productivity, neuroscience, behavioral sciences, and performance.
- Someone who loves working with partners, cross-functional partners in the industry, teams inside of Thrive, and customers.
How You’ll Contribute
- Hire and retain the best sales team in the industry – focused on the mission of Thrive.
- Strategically approach the C-Suite of Fortune 2000 companies and sell the entirety of Thrive’s behavior change solutions.
- Identify potential client opportunities from outbound activity and contacts to generate new business with multi-million dollar proposals.
- Create business plans to penetrate and maximize the opportunities within your accounts to develop a sustainable and recurring book of business.
- Structure and manage complex negotiations to successfully close, deliver and develop long-term client relationships.
- Drive the creation and completion of marketing materials that are customized to a client’s business challenges and goals.
- Coordinate / functionally partner with various internal team members to drive executional excellence (strategy without execution has no value).
- BA / BS or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of Sales Experience with 5+ years of experience in B2B sales leadership
- Experience with HR, SaaS, and/or consulting services a plus
- Strong time management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience with presentation software (Google Slides, Powerpoint, Keynote) and ability to synthesize messages to powerful narratives.
- Strong LinkedIn usage and presence for networking but also recruiting and prospecting
- Knowledge and experience with sales and marketing tech stack including SFDC, Clari, Salesloft, Gong, Zoom, Drift, Vidyo, etc…
What We Offer:
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs