FRANCHISEE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: POSITION OVERVIEW
Thank you for your interest in this role at a franchised Barry’s Bootcamp! Please note that this is an opportunity with the Barry’s UAE franchisee. The Barry’s UAE franchisee is an independently owned and operated business, and Barry’s Corporate has no involvement in the job description below, the hiring process for this job or any other decisions or oversight over the franchisee’s employment practices or decisions.
We are recruiting a Director of Operations to oversee the Dubai and Abu Dhabi branches of a world-renowned fitness studio. The manager would be based in Dubai and travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. This is a full-time position with an attractive salary, visa, health insurance, 30 days paid annual leave, and annual flights. The Director of Operations serves as the leader of the Middle East studios (Dubai, Abu Dhabi), and is responsible for the overall operation, client experience, people management, and performance. A successful candidate in the Director of Operations role is passionate about health and fitness, loves to lead alongside a team, is able to work with teams (local and remote), and thrives in a fast-paced people filled setting.
**Please note: This job is only open to US and UK candidates**
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- English Native Speaking
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of fitness management (Preferable as Director of Operations).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Possess strong communication, delegation and time management skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and communicate across departments.
- Possess strong negotiation, mediation and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coach, train and motivate employees.
- Oversee daily studio operations and studio management teams, including Front Desk, Fuel Bar, Retail and Facilities operations.
- Maintain a working presence in studios, working studio management shifts as needed to showcase the best of brand skills and mentor front desk employees and other managers.
- Assist with additional new studio openings in the region and potentially beyond as needed
- Lead training and development for all staff, as well as training new Managers as needed.
- Partner with the Client Experience Team to ensure that all team members are consistently delivering the company’s signature experience for clients, and handle any issues as needed.
- Partner with the HR to report and resolve all employee relations issues as they arise.
- Partner with Operations to manage pipeline of potential managers and raise engagement from talented front desk members.
- Lead the interviewing and hiring of all employees, looking for hospitality-minded team members who are passionate about fitness, and community.
- Partner with Local and Corporate Marketing team on a client acquisition & corporate strategies for the Middle East studios, adjusting as needed.
- Partner with Marketing Manager to ensure a strong community presence, in the studio and beyond.
New Market Facilities Management
- Provide support at the brand level to answer questions and solve issues as they arise.
- Manage new construction projects and updates for existing facilities, working with Studio Managers for quick execution and repair.
- Partner with Development team and local vendors on project sign-offs as needed. Company Culture Responsibilities.
- Work to uphold the company’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent this company’s brand within the region and the local fitness community
- Lead your studio teams in participating in and enhancing the community within the region.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun.