Zero Longevity Science is on a mission to help all people live longer, healthier lives. We’ve helped Zero members lose millions of pounds, reverse disease, and unlock youthful energy to change their lives for the better. Our purpose-driven, fully distributed team helps our members increase metabolic wellbeing through the holistic connections between nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress. Check out our job site to learn more about who we are and what we’re up to.
About the Role
We are seeking a Director of User Acquisition to lead the strategy and operations for profitable user acquisition at our mission-based health company. In this role, reporting to our VP of Marketing, while at first you will start off being a player the intention of this role is that you’ll build and coach a lean team of performance marketers to develop the strategy and execute tactics that drive sustainable growth with a strong emphasis on positive unit economics. While this is a leadership role, be prepared to also roll up your sleeves and execute.
This is a remote role based in the US or Canada with quarterly travel required within North America to work in-person with the team.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- User Acquisition Strategy & Results: Own the paid marketing strategy, budget, and plan for profitably scaling our user acquisition spend to more than $5M/year. This includes optimizing CAC for profitable ROAS, scaling creative production, testing, and data analysis / reporting.
- Ad Tech: Work cross-functionally with engineering to architect our advertising technology stack including vendor selection and management.
- Marketing Data & Analytics: Optimize our new user acquisition funnel from creative testing through paid subscription conversion, run experiments (A/B tests, multivariate tests, incrementality, etc) in collaboration with Product, model various CPI, LTV and spending scenarios and use the data to drive decisions for structured growth.
- Leadership: Ensure that we have the right people working on the right problems, and that they have the tools, knowledge and support that they need to succeed. You will be a coach and a direct manager, and as a senior leader will serve as a role model to the rest of the organization. You’ll work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to deliver on our company objectives.
- Business Acumen: Help to build a strong, scalable and profitable business, working with stakeholders and partners both in and outside of the organization. You will use data to drive decisions, build processes and frameworks to streamline decision-making, and are comfortable owning key company metrics and all of the work that goes into improving them.
- You’re an experienced in User Acquisition in the mobile space, who has successfully acquired customers through Meta and other digital ad platforms to grow revenue for a consumer subscription app.
- You’ve scaled and operated user acquisition strategies with more than $500k spend/month.
- You have a track record of thinking creatively to solve complex problems effectively.
- You have experience solving problems holistically — you can speak to times when you’ve had to take off your Marketing hat and optimize for Brand, Product, Finance, etc.
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to tactically execute and deliver solutions.
- You have experience building and leading a lean, high performing team and working with a mix of individual contributors and contractors to meet objectives.
- You’re a builder and a team player. You love to support others in the growth and advancement of their departments understanding the impact across the business. You are data driven, low ego, a holistic thinker and excited about the ups and downs of a high-growth company.
- You live in and are authorized to work in the US or Canada.