Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to be part of a mission that is helping over millions of people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced sales leader to join Talkspace as the Vice President of Broker Sales & Strategy. This role is accountable for overall sales organization strategy and performance, the profitable achievement of sales goals and for aligning sales objectives with business strategy.
As VP, you will utilize your deep market expertise and people management skills to develop a robust, multi-channel pipeline of opportunities that are aligned with Talkspace’s revenue goals while motivating the team. You will help strategically drive new partnership opportunities with employers and brokerage firms. You will also be responsible for building go-to-market strategy, selling into new markets, negotiating complex deals, and driving structure and accountability across the sales organization.
We are looking for someone who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
What You’ll Do:
This sales leader will be an expert in the employer benefits space and will be able identify and secure new business partnerships with various players in the space, specifically targeting employers. Relationship-driven and mission-oriented, you will be a critical part of the leadership team as we advance our mission in the mental health space.
- Sales Management
- Leverage best practices from your experience to continually motivate the team to meet or exceed targets at each stage of the sales pipeline, from new business outreach to closing deals and maintaining and growing existing business.
- Foster a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, ethical behavior and kindness.
- Represent Talkspace and interface at the executive level with our clients in various settings, participating in meetings to position our unique value proposition to brokers and employers in a dynamic and compelling way based on your nuanced understanding of the market.
- Refine and execute on a plan to sell to enterprise accounts, providing dedicated leadership, coordination, and oversight.
- Identify customer needs and opportunities for Talkspace to competitively position and differentiate products and services for client business retention and new business growth
- Utilize your deep understanding of the digital healthcare product space and leverage that product expertise for the team and for clients.
- Sales Strategy
- Formulate and execute a sales strategy to maximize profitable business growth. Build strong relationships with marketing, leadership, account management, industry SMEs and other areas as cross-company engagement and orchestration is essential.
- Lead/drive the sales process and achieve objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing data on past performance, and projecting future performance and revenue.
- Regularly engage with customer executive stakeholders and internal resources to develop and execute strategic business plans that support growth, provide measurable value, and increase client engagement/loyalty.
- Track progress of goals for revenue, conversion, and retention and be able to adjust accordingly.
- 15+ years of leading sales organizations in the benefits space
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing enterprise sales organization
- 7+ years of experience selling benefits to employers and working with brokers
- Experience within Healthcare, Behavioral Health and/or the Telehealth space is a plus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA/ Commuter allowance
- 401k retirement savings program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits such as disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Equity offerings for Talkspace company stocks
- Wellness stipend along with discounts on gym memberships and other wellbeing products
- Flexible PTO / Remote Workspace Flexibility
- Regular team events, including [virtual] Happy Hours and Game Nights
- Free access to all Talkspace products
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The base salary range for this role is between $150,000 and $190,000. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the world’s leading online therapy company, serving over 2 million users looking to begin their wellness journey through tele-health. According to the World Health Organization, close to 1 billion people worldwide live with a mental disorder, and on average more than 75% with mental, neurological, and substance use disorders receive no treatment for their condition at all. Additionally, one-third of the world’s population – 2 billion people – live in countries that spend less than 1% of their health budgets on mental health. Therapy is a universal need and it’s our mission here to change the world by cultivating an intentional space for people to feel supported through quality care that is simple and accessible.
Combining our passion for innovation along with our desire to help others overcome the stigma behind “getting help,” we are transforming the way patients find the right care provider, making an otherwise impossible feat easily conquerable. Our network of licensed, accredited, and board-certified clinicians are increasing access to mental health for our members through a myriad of high quality therapy services: anytime and for a fraction of the price.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.