We look forward to having you join us in our exciting mission to conquer the world and turn the human race into flesh batteries to power our giant marketing robots. With your help, we’ll eventually ensure that all beverages will become Liquid Death. But just because you work for Liquid Death, it doesn’t mean you’ll be spared from the rest of humanity. However, if you do a great job, instead of turning you into a warm gooey power source, we may allow you to become one of our pets.
About The Job
Liquid Death is looking for a Category Development Manager to work directly with the Sales team in developing consumer and customer focused strategies and category grounded solutions. This individual will conduct high quality analysis and synthesize multiple data sources to generate category strategies and provide actionable strategic category and shopper recommendations to current and potential retail partners. Internally, the Category Development Manager will help drive creative selling stories, channel strategies, and lead/advance internal reporting capabilities for the Sales teams. Data tools include syndicated scan and shopper panel metrics (Spins, IRi, Nielsen, Numerator, and retailer scan/loyalty data). This role can be either Hybrid from our LA office or fully remote and will require about 20 – 30% of the time. The Category Development Manager will report to the Director, Category Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This individual will lead identification and communication of data driven insights into actionable solutions regarding product, pricing, distribution, placement, and promotions.
- Utilizing research and data analysis, transform data into direct, comprehensible, and creative category and shopper centric presentations.
- Collaborate with Sales team to identify and provide actionable opportunities that are mutually beneficial for Liquid Death and retail partners.
- Lead and advance internal reporting solutions for the Sales team, allowing for efficient and impactful analysis of syndicated data.
- Use category and shopper expertise to make shelf and assortment recommendations to improve the category shopping experience at the retailer.
- Lead and present category reviews to provide an in-depth understanding of category performance, opportunities, and changing shopper behaviors.
- Inform and direct impactful strategies for the category through productive relationships internally and externally.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer goods, retail, or syndicated data with a focus on Category Management, Shopper Insights, or business analytics
- Retailer facing experience with a track record of building collaborative partnerships
- Extensive experience understanding and utilizing syndicated data, panel data, and customer POS data (Spins, IRi, Nielsen, Numerator)
- The ability to refine complex data into simple yet impactful stories
- Advanced MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) skills including pivot tables, slicers, and formulas to automate and contribute to reporting
- Strong planning/organization; the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Working knowledge of retailer merchandising and in-store execution tactics
- Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time
- Advanced knowledge of space planning methodologies and software
- Experience in non-alcoholic packaged beverage
- Experience across multiple retailer channels (Gas & Convenience, Food, Mass, Drug, Dollar, and Military)
- Additional analytical experience and competencies (e.g. Tableau, Red Fox Analytics, Microsoft Access, etc.)
Perks and Benefits
- Awesome health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA
- 401(k) match
- Flexible PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free Liquid Death Mountain Water & merchandise
The typical salary range for this position is: $92k – $113k
The actual salary offer will take into account multiple factors including skills, experience, education and location. Please note that the salary details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, not total compensation, which includes equity and benefits.
About the Company: