Headway’s mission is a big one – to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company powering 500k+ appointments per month with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role
As Headway works to build a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access, we’re facing unique operational challenges and opportunities that come with growing and scaling at an unparalleled rate. We’re pushing the boundaries of the existing healthcare system so that we can fulfill our promise to providers, patients, and payers to create access to high quality providers across the nation. In order to do that, we’re building a world class operations team that enables efficiency, growth, and quality, and as a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to have a material impact on the trajectory of Headway and help define a function core to the livelihood of our business and the impact we deliver for our partners and clients.
As an Operations Senior Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to create structure out of chaos, to architect, test, and operationalize solutions through building data workflows and processes that will deliver real-world impact from day one to hundreds of thousands of patients around the country. As part of scaling the solutions you design, you will also operate as a thought partner to product and data teams at Headway, in a bid to drive the future-first nature of the solutions you deliver. This is a unique opportunity to get hands on in a data-first environment, and to own outcomes core to the growth of our business.
What you’ll do at Headway
- Design and build foundations for a variety of 0-1 initiatives within the Operations function
- Drive the build, execution, monitoring & ongoing implementation of scalable products and processes that enable us to deliver on core business challenges.
- Lead cross-functional efforts with our product, engineering, payer, and CX teams to drive core patient experience processes and achieve team OKRs.
- Collaborate with operational stakeholders at our health plan partners to optimize the performance of our patient benefits engine, and proactively identify and address any issues that may arise.
- Has the potential to build out and manage a growing team to achieve these objectives.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- 3-5+ years of experience in operations / consulting / investment banking or related experience; operations experience at a high-growth startup is a plus.
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to distill complex problems into simple solutions.
- You are highly data-driven. Can drive complex analyses and translate into key actionable insights, projects and OKRs.
- You are a collaborator. Proactively partners across teams while holding teams accountable for business results.
- You are a systems thinker. Inclined to solve problems with product and automation.
- You are a team builder. You are passionate about growing and developing a team.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Group A: $130,000
- Group B: $117,000
- Group C: $104,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team’s strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem – across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.