WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
Many are fortunate enough to work for an organization with a firmly established digital presence in the cloud, but only a select few get to be part of organization as it begins that journey. Even fewer get to shape such a path. Alo sets the standard for wellness, with a mission of spreading mindful movement, inspiring wellness and creating community into the world of real-time streaming intelligence and analytics. The primary responsibility of the Principal Product Manager to take technical program ownership of one or more products that require technical expertise in order to manage effectively (e.g., a product or service, API, library or platform.) This position will partner with the product and engineering teams to help define the future of the product and the necessary technologies required to bring those products to life. To be successful in this role, the individual must be able to think strategically, work pragmatically in a dynamic environment, value and enjoy building engineering products and solutions across a matrix of partner teams.
- Act as the nexus of communication and planning between marketers, designers, data analysts and engineers.
- Drive delivery of features and scenarios by closely working with business and partner teams.
- Build products with clear customer value that scale, are adaptable over time, and revolutionize how the industry operates by leading innovation with technologies such as machine learning.
- Partner with the product and development team to drive sprint planning to build roadmap of product/features and successfully deliver features. Partner closely with key stakeholders to build credibility and buy-in to the Digital platform capabilities by understanding their processes and requirements.
- Seek out new opportunities to augment the output to improve quality and ultimately customer ROI.
- Partner with UX designers and Engineering teams to build products and solutions to improve the ALO customer experience.
- Be the key technical liaison for the projects as assigned.
- Define and measure feature success metrics to drive features with business value and drive adoption.
- Define requirements, measure KPIs, track experiments, and frequently ship releases.
- Effectively communicate product plans and status through reports and other updates.
- Provide documentation and training material and evangelize products and services to internal teams and customers.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Product Management, Program Management, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Technical Product Management, or experience in a related area.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile Program/Product/Feature Management using Aha.io and Jira.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web/mobile technologies is required
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to deliver results while working with others, and motivate a team culture that is respectful and supports the company values of excellence, integrity, and quality experience
- Skilled in managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead through others and effectively gain buy-in.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred; or equivalent education and work experience.
- Deep expertise in Large Scale Data Platforms, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes and Data Lakehouses
- Experience with Data Science Product and Platform product ecosystem
- Previous experience in Engineering, Product Management, Product Development, or Competitive Analysis
- Previous experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Customer Data Platforms.
- Currently based in the greater LA area or open to relocation and consent to working onsite full-time
The base salary range for this position is $150,000-$250,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.