WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Cyber Defense to lead our cyber defense team in protecting our organization’s information systems, data, and networks from cyber threats. As a Director of Cyber Defense, you will oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of our cyber defense strategy, policies, and tools, ensuring that our organization is protected against cyber threats.
- Lead the Cyber Defense team to ensure the development, implementation, and maintenance of our cyber defense strategy and policies.
- Build and manage a security operations team, that is responsible for detecting, researching, and remediating threats.
- Experience building and maintaining a SIEM.
- Manage the organization’s cyber defense systems, including intrusion detection, incident response, vulnerability management, and threat intelligence.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that cybersecurity measures are integrated into business processes and systems.
- Conduct regular assessments of the organization’s security posture to identify potential vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate remediation actions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity trends, technologies, and threats to ensure that the organization’s security measures remain effective.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Cyber Defense team, ensuring that team members are adequately trained, motivated, and equipped to perform their duties.
- Manage relationships with external cybersecurity vendors and partners to ensure that the organization is receiving the best possible cybersecurity services.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, information technology or related field.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in cybersecurity, with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial position.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks, such as NIST, CIS, PCI Compliance..
- Experience with managing cybersecurity operations and teams, including intrusion detection, incident response, vulnerability management, and threat intelligence.
- Ability to analyze complex security issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and stakeholders.
- Professional cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CRISC are a plus.
- Currently based in the greater LA area and consent to working onsite full-time
The base salary range for this position is $170,000-$200,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.