Headway’s mission is a big one – to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role
As a Senior Product Designer, you will collaborate closely with provider experience teams to help deliver strategic initiatives, set product vision, and jump in to help teams execute. This is an opportunity to have impact to make it easier for providers to build and run their practice on Headway.
- Use your product thinking, visual design, and system steward skills to collaborate with a talented and mission driven cross-functional team to evolve our product vision and build product solutions.
- Contribute and evolve Headway design system (Helix) as we scale the provider experiences.
- Contribute to the team culture, process, foundation and help grow a world class start-up design team.
You will be a great fit if:
- You have experience in leading and delivering product solutions of large and/or ambiguous scope, usually at a more system level.
- You’re inspired by complex customer problems, early stage product development, setting vision, and helping teams hold a high bar for craft.
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of projects.
- You have experience with working across cross-functional partners, with the ability to present, motivate and inspire others.
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability).
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role:
- The starting salary for Senior Product Designers is $195,500 and increases to $230,000 based on industry tenure and experience.
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 16-week parental leave after you have been employed with Headway for 12 months (non-exempt employees must have worked at least 1,250 hours)
- Carrot Fertility annual reimbursement and membership
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team’s strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem – across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.