San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal’s Director of Supply Chain and Contract Manufacturing Management is responsible for supporting the ongoing production of Tonal Trainers and Accessories including New Product Development Supply Chain leadership. The key responsibilities include management of the current supply chain and contract manufacturers in Mexico, China, and Taiwan. This role will be responsible for Cost of Goods management for materials and value for all shippable products. The role will also develop the supply chain for new products and drive new product development component sourcing and tooling acquisition.
What You Will Do
- Contract Manufacturing Leadership
- Manage current Contract Manufacturers in Mexico and Taiwan
- Define and drive global build plans with CMsManage COGs and claims (Excess, scrap, other) with each CM
- Identify and RFQ new CMs as necessary
- Proactively manage existing contracts and drive contract development for new suppliers
- Develop new product supply chain
- Support NPI procurement and tool development
- Own new product quoting processes and cost management across component, subassembly and CM level
- Drive supply plans for long lead items for NPI programs
- Manage inputs for supporting groups (Sales, Logistics, Field Ops)
- Lead cross-functional planning to deliver an 18 month rolling forecast to drive revenue projections and build plans.
- Coordinate the development of the monthly presentation materials
- Manage monthly meeting cadence and related action items for each meeting
- Establish strategic sourcing plan in line with duties and costs
- Drive a global tooling strategy in support of current and future business, prioritizing both capacity and cost
- Develop relationships with key suppliers, and get supply contracts in place where appropriate
- Manage the development of new tools for NPI and replacement tools
- Establish strategic sourcing plan
- Develop relationships with Tonal strategic suppliers, and get contracts in place where appropriate
- Share forecasts with strategic suppliers in line with Tonal’s build forecast
- Procure stock in advance of new builds as required and for additional build flexibility
NPI Supply Chain Design and Procurement
S&OP Process Management
Custom Mechanical Hardware Management
Electrical Component Management
Who You Are
- BS or BA in related fields.
- 7+ years experience in materials management in consumer hardware, specifically in outsourced environments
- 5+ years experience in managing Contract Manufacturers and a global supply base
- Experience in managing Metal and Plastic suppliers
- Proven success in driving New Product Introduction in Consumer Hardware programs, including partnering with Hardware Engineering teams in collaborative environments
- Strong leadership skills both within department and cross functionally
- Comfortable making decisions independently and as a part of a team
- Manager and Individual contributor with strong analytics background
- Bonus: Familiarity with Netsuite and Arena