WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
As the Lead Designer you will report directly into the Design Director and will oversee the design process from conception to final delivery, ensuring a consistent visual brand experience across all omni-channel creative assets. This role requires a meticulous eye for effective yet elevated design and a strong visual understanding of the Alo brand. This role will lead and manage graphic designers, providing guidance and mentorship to help them grow. This role will work closely with the Design Director in providing visual direction, managing resources, and maintaining the highest standard of graphic design across all channels.
- Team Leadership: Supervise, mentor, and lead a team of graphic designers. Provide guidance, constructive feedback, and professional development opportunities.
- Project Management: Plan, prioritize, and delegate design projects effectively. Set clear objectives, timelines, and deliverables, ensuring the team meets deadlines and project goals. Advise on adjustments to process and create solutions.
- Design Direction: Develop design concepts and graphic toolkits for seasonal campaigns and brand moments. Assist in creation of design toolkits and guidelines, finalizing and sharing out to internal and external/international partners. Occasionally present proofs of concepts to leadership.
- Collaboration: Build and foster relationships with cross-functional partners to provide creative input and maintain brand consistency.
- Upholding the Alo Standard: Review and approve creative output to ensure they meet the Alo standard and align with project briefs and brand guidelines. Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends and strategies, integrating new resources/techniques where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Visual Arts, or related field.
- Proven experience (8 years) in graphic design with a strong portfolio showcasing design skills and managerial experience
- Proficiency in design software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, etc.), Figma, Animation skills a strong plus
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management abilities with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Deep understanding of design principles, typography, color theory, and layout techniques
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
The Base Salary Range for this position is $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the Company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.