WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
Alo Yoga and BELLA+CANVAS are seeking a candidate to support its growing in-house legal department in a real estate focused role. You will be a critical member of the legal department’s team as Senior Real Estate Paralegal. You will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats, take ownership of projects, and provide support as we continue to grow and expand in the United States and elsewhere. You will also have the opportunity to interface with the various business teams within the company and high-profile individuals who partner with Alo.
- Help Alo Yoga expand its retail store footprint both in the United States and internationally by reviewing term sheets and working on retail leases from a tenant perspective.
- Work with real estate team on SNDAs, estoppel certificates, lease amendments and all other real estate-related documentation.
- Manage due diligence process in connection with purchase and sale agreements, leading title and survey review and closing process.
- Assist and manage various corporate domestic and international documents and formalities, including preparation and filing of entity formation documents and related materials (e.g. certificates of incorporation, business registrations, board consents, annual filings, business licenses, EINs, etc.).
- Draft operating agreements and bylaws.
- Assist with the company’s corporate, ethical, privacy and sustainability compliance initiatives.
- Join a growing team that supports all aspects of the business and works closely with other legal team members (IP, litigation, employment, finance) when needed.
- 6+ years of professional experience
- “Big law” real estate paralegal experience and/or in-house experience at a large company, with particular emphasis on leasing transactions
- Any corporate or finance experience is also highly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to independently manage and lead projects
- Desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment, collaborate with others as needed and want the opportunity to hone their skills while gaining invaluable experience and expertise
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Ability to work on-site once a week and as needed
- Ability to work overtime when needed
The base pay range for this position is $55/hr-$65/hr plus overtime, which represents the current range for the non-exempt position. Please note that actual pay will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the Company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.