NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeking an outstanding engineer to lead software and infrastructure development to support our research platform. You will be instrumental to the design, development, and deployment of infrastructure to supporting research and development needs.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Collaborate with our Epigenetic Editing, Single Cell Technology, and Predictive Modeling teams to create infrastructure and interfaces for data storage, transfer, and accessibility.
- Implement automation workflows and build, deploy, and operate hybrid lab-computational workflows and analyses.
- Develop continuous machine learning workflows to support NewLimit’s discovery engine
- Develop and implement horizontally-scalable bioinformatics software that supports our research and product objectives
- Ensure a high level of software reliability by adhering to and promoting robust engineering principles, including comprehensive testing methodologies
- Proactively identify, investigate, and resolve any issues that may arise, striving for continuous improvement in our software development practices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience in bioinformatics software development, preferably within a startup environment
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages commonly used in bioinformatics, such as Python, R, Java, or C++
- Demonstrated background with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools, algorithms, and databases
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles
- Experience with high-performance computing and parallel processing techniques
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including version control systems (e.g., Git), continuous integration, and unit testing
Other Desirable Skills and Experience (Not Mandatory):
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for drug development, including those pertaining to software used in the discovery, research, and clinical trial phases
- Experience with machine learning or artificial intelligence techniques in bioinformatics