WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are seeking an Income Tax Senior Manager to join the growing internal tax department to support the growth and expansion of the Company. An ideal candidate would have experience in partnership/flow-through taxation to handle the income tax work of today, smarts and project management skills to help the Company go through the IPO process, and experience in the income tax provision and the public company reporting once the Company becomes a public company. The Income Tax Senior Manager will lead and manage the Company’s income tax compliance process, income tax provision process, tax distribution matters, etc. and assist Head of Tax in implementing various processes and systems for the tax department. The Income Tax Senior Manager would work mainly on US domestic income tax matters since the other subdivisions within the tax department (indirect tax and international tax) are being managed and led by other managers. We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills, proactivity, and a strategic/curious mindset.
- Manage timely and accurately review of federal, state and local income tax returns, estimates and extensions prepared by third party.
- Prepare and review supporting schedules for completion of income tax returns.
- Review or prepare year-end income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740.
- Manage cash tax distributions to the owners and prepare/review the bank covenants from cash tax perspective.
- Collaborate with third-party consultants for ad-hoc tax consulting, M&A transactions, and tax planning initiatives.
- Manage various income tax audits and respond to federal and state agencies inquiries and tax notices.
- Stay up-to-date with tax laws and regulations.
- Review process and filing calendars to ensure completeness of ongoing filings.
- Understand new and pending legislation to identify tax benefits and risks including any potential tax credits that are available for the Company.
- Assist in maintaining internal controls and record retention policies to comply with SOX and government regulations.
- Maintain tax calendar and keep current with tax technology.
- Ability to perform tax research and analysis and effectively communicate and document tax issues and strategies to senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Define domestic tax strategy in consultation with external professionals.
- Assist Head of Tax to develop, document, and maintain tax policies and procedures.
- Research and recommend new tax savings opportunities.
- Work collaboratively across departments ensuring proper tax policies are followed and tax software updated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field; Master’s degree in Taxation or a related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience at a Big 4 firm and then preferably industry experience, preferably with a publicly traded company.
- Partnership / flow-through entity tax experience is preferred.
- Individual tax experience is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification is a plus.
- Ability to lead tax projects and manage relationships with external service providers.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, and be detail-oriented.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with a large ERP system is a plus.
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative, highly motivated.
- Team player.
The base salary range for this position is $150,000.00- $180,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.