Garner’s mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re actively seeking a Vice President of Health Plan & Strategic Partnerships to expand our sales processes with health plans nationwide and to contribute to the development of innovative partnerships. We currently have a rapidly expanding product that is successfully marketed through healthcare brokers to employers. Our objective is to build on this success by furthering our engagement with health plans. The Vice President of Health Plan & Strategic Partnerships will play a pivotal role in nurturing this product’s growth and replicating its success with both regional and national carriers. In addition to fortifying relationships and refining our distribution strategy nationwide, this individual will also explore new avenues for collaboration and partnership outside the realm of health plans.
We are searching for a candidate who possesses the exceptional ability to establish and cultivate high-level relationships, as this will be instrumental in our pursuit of growth and innovation.
This is a remote role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and oversee Garner’s distribution model for health plans of all sizes, including ownership of the economic model and sales process.
- Foster and maintain strategic relationships with both regional and national health insurers, as well as other innovative partners.
- Drive growth and expand Garner’s presence within the health plan and partnership communities.
- Collaborate with Garner’s employer sales leadership to create a compelling value proposition for sophisticated employers.
- Execute necessary actions to achieve and surpass annual membership goals, with a focus on driving growth in both health plan and partnership aspects.
Ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years in sales leadership role with revenue responsibilities
- Deep experience working with or for insurers offering major medical plans
- Existing relationships within the health insurance community across many different plans
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment with notable upside
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system
What we look for at Garner:
- Mission First: Our mission is to transform our healthcare system, delivering high quality and affordable care to all. Everything else is secondary.
- Expect Extraordinary: Our mission is audacious, so we will only succeed by producing exceptional results. We continually push ourselves and each other to new heights and beyond our comfort zones.
- Courageous Communication: Transparency and candor are imperative to realizing our potential as an organization and as individuals—even when uncomfortable. Many companies talk about these values. We live them.
- Supportive community: We know that people do their best work and learn the most when they feel genuinely supported and cared for. It’s also more fun that way.
The target base salary range for this position is: $160,000 – $190,000. This position is also commission eligible. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.