WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
Alo Yoga Senior Product Development Manager
We are looking for a creative and inspired leader to join the Alo family as a Senior Product Development Manager. The candidate’s responsibility will be to work on a cross functional team of talented individuals and ensure the product is built with integrity, intention and aligned with our brand vision and values.
The ideal candidate will have a proven product development track record in the athletic apparel industry. As a member of the Product Development team, you will participate in developing and executing product to align with Design’s vision and the overarching business strategy of our rapidly-growing brand. Additionally, the team is responsible for product innovation that solves the problems of our consumers.
The ideal candidate will work closely and collaboratively with Design, Raw Material R&D, Technical Design, Sourcing, Planning and Merchandising teams to create beautiful and innovative product.
· Manage the product creation process from design hand off to production approval
· Establish and execute the brand strategy for the women’s apparel product to achieve financial, quality and product integrity goals
· Grow and manage Product Developer ensuring milestones are met and product creation process is standardized across category.
· Collaborate with cross functional teams from Design, Technical Design, Raw Material R+D and Sourcing to ensure on time delivery per set calendar dates each season.
· Manage multi-season development calendars and the execution for all tasks related to the Product Development cycle
· Responsible for Key Performance indicators that include but not limited to maintaining vendor scorecard, IMU, fit approval and salesman sample execution
· Work with Sourcing on allocation of bulk orders to appropriate suppliers through consideration of available capacity, capability, workmanship and costing
· Lead processes and IT improvements/solutions to enable seasonal execution and drive efficiencies
· Maintain Seasonal Line Guide Information (setup and changes) with Marketing
· Work collaboratively within the Sourcing organization with the Sourcing, Raw Material R&D and Product Integrity teams to elevate our collective performance and meet or exceed our goals.
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Must have 8+ years of experience in the apparel industry, ideally in athletic apparel
· Experience Managing a Direct Report.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with appropriate sense of urgency
· Commitment and superior attention to detail
· Ability to work in a team environment, build trust and relationships with vendor & cross functional partners
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to cost negotiate and understanding of cost drivers, margin and landing factors
· Thorough understanding of testing protocol, product integrity requirements, product cycle timeline, costing & price negotiation and garment construction
· Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work environment
· Strong interpersonal and listening skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, & Outlook
· Proficiency with PLM and Adobe Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
The Base Salary Range for this position is $140,000 – $150,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the Company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.