WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
The Operations and Visual Manager is a critical member of the store leadership team accountable for bringing Alo’s operational and visual strategy to life in the store. This individual is passionate about inventory management, labor planning and scheduling, and visual execution – all with a lens on driving an efficient and effective store operation. This role’s north star is pointed at ensuring that the store is customer-ready at all times.
Operations & Visual Leader
- Oversee and support execution of key operational and visual processes
- Investigate and root cause inventory accuracy issues, partnering with the General Manager to escalate process or system gaps
- Champion strong visual standards for the salesfloor by leveraging business performance data
- Support sell-through management by ensuring accuracy of inventory counts and coordinates labor hours to efficiently receive product deliveries
- Support a safe work environment and efficient operation
- Represent the business in meetings and on conference calls, in partnership with General Manager
- Review, Monitor and partner with General Manager to manage the budget, reporting and other business data; including metrics (e.g. Expenses, Sell-Thru) and inform planning processes (e.g., quarterly business review and sales planning)
- Future planning workflow business needs to protect optimal performance
- Ensure that the Operations and Visual team exudes Alo’s mission and values to effectively communicate to our visitors who we are, what we do and why we do what we do
- Leads a team through accountability, continuous coaching on a regular basis, development of talent, and elevating effective communication throughout the Operations and Visual team
- Establish internal & external pipeline through succession planning and recruitment strategy
- Writes an effective schedule that prioritizes the best business strategy, in partnership with the General Manager
- Oversees the execution of certain deliverables on the Alo Sales and Service Model, protecting operational efficiency
- Collaborates and implement General/Store Manager’s vision and work cross-functionally with business partners, as directed, to support all-level organizational goals
- Demonstrate an ability to navigate the organization with a balance of business need and brand culture
- 3-5 years of retail or related industry leadership experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Agile with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Highly Motivated by driving business in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Business owner mindset with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Independent work ethic, time management skills, and personal accountability
- Aligns with and embodies Alo’s values
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Operations & Visual Manager Schedule
- The Operations & Visual Manager role is a full-time role with a 40-hour workweek (5 days) In an effort to build a balanced schedule that supports the needs of the business and our teams, we expect all full-time employees to be available for opening, closing and weekend shifts.
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents (Full-Time Employees)
- 401K with company matching (Full-Time Employees)
- Monthly Store Incentives
- Clothing Allowance
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries
The Company’s Assistant Store Manager base pay ranges from $55000- $75000/ year. Please also note, Assistant Store Managers are eligible to participate in the Company’s Monthly Store Incentive bonus program, which may result in bringing the total compensation to a higher range. Further, the range listed is just one component of the Company’s total rewards package for retail employees. Other rewards may include: clothing allowance, employee discount, 401K, competitive medical, dental, and vision plans, commuter benefits, Talkspace, and AloMoves.