Garner’s mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer to direct, manage, and grow our DevOps team. This role will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
Garner is headquartered in NYC, but this position is available for candidates who are comfortable working remotely with the US.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and grow a small team of highly effective DevOps engineers
- Work with team leads and the Head of Engineering to drive out our software platform strategy
- Protect our users’ privacy and security through infrastructure policies and access controls
- Instrument and monitor total system performance
- Support the Garner app in production
- Our Software Kit: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Istio, NATS, Postgres, ElasticSearch, GitLab
Ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years experience delivering software solutions
- 6+ years hands-on work with cloud infrastructure, containers, monitoring, and alerting
- 2+ years working in a security-conscious environment
- 1+ years direct management experience
- Expertise with Terraform
- Experience with a major cloud provider, preferably AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Go, especially utilizing Kubernetes APIs
- Experience leading a team using agile methodologies and fluency with the agile toolkit
What we look for at Garner:
- Mission First: Our mission is to transform our healthcare system, delivering high quality and affordable care to all. Everything else is secondary.
- Expect Extraordinary: Our mission is audacious, so we will only succeed by producing exceptional results. We continually push ourselves and each other to new heights and beyond our comfort zones.
- Courageous Communication: Transparency and candor are imperative to realizing our potential as an organization and as individuals—even when uncomfortable. Many companies talk about these values. We live them.
- Supportive community: We know that people do their best work and learn the most when they feel genuinely supported and cared for. It’s also more fun that way.
The target salary range for this position is: $240,000 – $260,000. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.